hyatt

Default Frances Ann Rosill Rumphuer -Marshall where are you?

Hi
    Trying to sort out this really messy family..
    Frances Rosilla Rumphuer
    born 1805 Alsace Lorraine
    married 1:
    James Marshall born 16 jul 1804 in Tullibody Scotland, died abt 1841 "lost at sea" I believe he was a sailor...
    They had two sons:
    1: John Henry Marshall 6 dec 1834, At sea registered in New York...(not verified) died in Piggoreet , Vic, Australia 1909.
    2: James Marshall born 9 May 1841, New York City. married Edith Cartright ...she was born in Merlin Ontario Canada.
    they had several children. (10)

It seems one son went to Victoria, Australia ( Date unknown but married in Vic in 1864 where he had 10 children as well) and the other to Canada...( eldest child born 1875)

Frances Rosilla Marshall nee Rumphuer is then supposed to have married at least twice:
    Joseph Zimmerman
    George Chalmers..born Perth Scotland ..........died 1847 Gore district upper canada
    she died 1895 in Comber Canada..

I have not been able to verify her marriages or death...

I have her son John Henry Marshall's marriage certificate ( from Australia) where he verifies her name as frances Ann, Rosilla Rumphuer and his fathers occupation as a mariner..
    but I have no other details as to what happened to James Marshall at his place and date of death..other than at sea..
    and she is a mystery as dates and marriages are not verified...
    Any help on this family would be wonderful as it is a real head banger.

canuck1

im sure that ancestry could be your answer. It will cost you but you may be able to get a "trial" period for free = 14 days. then simply cancel at day 10. i had a 1 year subscription paid as a birthday gift, but it has expired. for anything prior to 1911 it is a godsend.

aberarder

I am a member of this head banging family, let me know what you want to know and I will fill you in!