Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Guy Etchells

It simply means as you say, the name had not been chosen when the birth was registered.
    Cheers
    Guy

Braeseke

Smile

Thank you everyone for all your interest. Sorry I didn't get back earlier, I'm usually elsewhere on Fridays and Weekends.

I will try to answer all the questions in order:

I've searched for birth's Margaret E Hall, Elizabeth M Hall and both full name options and am still not sure which it could be.

This is an English Marriage certificate. On her marriage cert it is written 'Elizabeth Margaret Hall' but she was always known as Margaret. the witnesses were Lilian Nancy Lane and George Robinson. I am confident that they are not relatives.

I was told verbally that she was born in Monk Fryston, I have no documented proof though. I've been through the Pontefact area but no luck yet. Of course it is possible that I may have missed something.

I think that I may have been through the Lawson surname but will double check. I didn't consider Bessie 1912, I may consider at a later date but my gut feeling is that this isn't the one. I've discounted Elizabeth May 1909.

I've come across many Albert Hall's on my travels through the censuses but can't be sure about which is the correct one.

Yes, the marriage was to Cecil A Umpleby and sorry, I forgot, I should have said as well as verbally being told about her birth I do have her death cert. I have mixed experiences with dates on Death certs though so have learnt not to totally rely on them. I haven't double checked the Lawson surname yet but will get around to it soon.

Albert Hall was a Railway Signalman (deceased) on his daughter's Marriage cert.

If I come up with anything further I will post it.

Off to do some more checking now.

Many thanks again everyone.

aeracura

How interesting... my great ++ grandmother was an Elizabeth Umpleby from Skipton in Yorkshire... it's a great name

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12