Davran

Default 1851 Arnison - fresh eyes needed

I'm hoping a pair of fresh eyes will help me find Ann ARNISON in 1851.

The story so far...... William ARNISON b 1769 (Renwick, CUL) married Milcah ? (possibly in East Molesey). They had three children that I can find (all baptised in E Molesey), John 1797, Hannah 1800 and Samuel 1802. Milcah and young Samuel both died in 1803.

William then married Ann ?. William died in 1833 and in 1841 Ann was living with John and his wife Caroline. I have found a death for Ann ARNISON 1860 Kingston, which tallies with info from a tree I have been given, so I am expecting to find Ann still alive in 1851.

However, she is proving very elusive in 1851. She is not with John and Caroline. I found another Ann ARNISON living in Westminster, but she is married to a William from Penrith - not the right one. I think this Ann died in 1854 Westminster. If anyone can find her for me I would be very grateful. As you can imagine ARNISON is very liable to mistranscription!

tommy166

Do you have any ideas where & when she was born? Perhaps you could post the reference for 1841 census to give us a start. I suppose she might have remarried, and that death in 1860 isn't her.

Tom

jeeb

Quote Originally Posted by Davran View Post
    I'm hoping a pair of fresh eyes will help me find Ann ARNISON in 1851.

William then married Ann ?.
    Hi Davran,
    I have found two possibilities for this marriage, it is unfortunate the Penrith William is also married to an Ann.

IGI gives William Arnison & Ann Yates 24 Jun 1806 St Mary le Strand, Westminster

Pallots has an unclear entry:- William Arnison & Ann Fluck 1803 S, And (How its indexed)

To me it looks like S.and Holborn 1809 (Possibly 3)

Jeremy

Wirral

Quote Originally Posted by jeeb View Post
    Pallots has an unclear entry:- William Arnison & Ann Fluck 1803 S, And (How its indexed)

To me it looks like S.and Holborn 1809 (Possibly 3)

Jeremy
    The entry for Ann FLUCK is quite clear: S. AND. HOLBORN 1803 [St Andrew's, Holborn]

jeeb

Wink Date

Quote Originally Posted by Wirral View Post
    The entry for Ann FLUCK is quite clear: S. AND. HOLBORN 1803 [St Andrew's, Holborn]
    Hi Wirral,
    If you are looking in the same place as me I don't think the date is 'quite clear'. I looked at it for quite awhile and thought it seemed more like 1809 but I am not certain and you seem to be.

Jeremy

Wirral

Quote Originally Posted by jeeb View Post
    Hi Wirral,
    If you are looking in the same place as me I don't think the date is 'quite clear'. I looked at it for quite awhile and thought it seemed more like 1809 but I am not certain and you seem to be.

Jeremy
    I'm looking on that site which must remain nameless but begins with A. I checked both the entry for William & the one for Ann.

Davran

Sorry! Should have given you those details last night. 1841 census for East Molesey. At the time Ann was 62 (ie b 1779).

HO107/1071/4 F9 P16

I found the Westminster marriage, but feel that belongs to the other William/Ann couple who lived in Westminster. I hadn't found the Holborn marriage - something to consider, though William's children were all born in East Moseley.