emyrmorgan

Default Hunt, Fisher, Hall, Barrell descendants

My maternal great-grandfather Frederick William Hunt was born in Wingfield, Suffolk in 1886, the son of Horace Hunt and Agnes Louisa (nee) Fisher. Horace Hunt (a farmer) was the son of Joseph Hunt and Ann Hall both farming families. Ann Hall was born in Monk Soham in 1815 - the daughter of John Hall who lived out his last days as a tenant farmer at Wingfield Castle in 1870's. Agnes Loiusa Fisher was born in Elmswell - the daughter of Frederick Fisher and Charlotte (nee) Barrell. Frederick was a farmer and brickmaker from Woolpit.

My great-grandfather Frederick William Hunt whom I remember as a child married a Welsh girl and after WWI began a family in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire from whom I am descended. I know of no links between my family and their Suffolk roots. My great aunt remembers visiting "someone in Suffolk" as a child but have no other information on living albeit distant cousins. If you are or know anyone who has Hunt, Fisher, Hall or Barrell ancestors from the Wingfield, Monk Soham, Hoxne, Elmswell, Woolpit or Rougham areas, I would very much like to hear from you.

potoroo

Thumbs up HUNT - Rougham

My HUNT family are from Rougham Suffolk.

potoroo

Default HUNT - Rougham

Hi

My HUNT ancestors were from Rougham in Suffolk and I have a Frederick William HUNT in my tree born 1865 in Rougham.

Cheers
    Jan Hunt
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by emyrmorgan View Post
    My maternal great-grandfather Frederick William Hunt was born in Wingfield, Suffolk in 1886, the son of Horace Hunt and Agnes Louisa (nee) Fisher. Horace Hunt (a farmer) was the son of Joseph Hunt and Ann Hall both farming families. Ann Hall was born in Monk Soham in 1815 - the daughter of John Hall who lived out his last days as a tenant farmer at Wingfield Castle in 1870's. Agnes Loiusa Fisher was born in Elmswell - the daughter of Frederick Fisher and Charlotte (nee) Barrell. Frederick was a farmer and brickmaker from Woolpit.

My great-grandfather Frederick William Hunt whom I remember as a child married a Welsh girl and after WWI began a family in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire from whom I am descended. I know of no links between my family and their Suffolk roots. My great aunt remembers visiting "someone in Suffolk" as a child but have no other information on living albeit distant cousins. If you are or know anyone who has Hunt, Fisher, Hall or Barrell ancestors from the Wingfield, Monk Soham, Hoxne, Elmswell, Woolpit or Rougham areas, I would very much like to hear from you.

emyrmorgan

Default Hi Jan

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your message. For a split second I though that there was a connection but then I noticed the birth date which is 21 years too early. Damn! My Hunts moved around central and north Suffolk quite a bit before ending up in Wingfield and then scattered to the four winds in 1898. I have links to Rougham with the 'Barrell' family and have hit a brick wall with them at the end of the 18th century so even they must have moved to Rougham from elsewhere. So, near and yet so far, I fear. Thanks very much for the contact and good luck with your searches. Do you know who the parents of your Frederick William Hunt are?

Emyr