Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    steviedee33

Default arundel family north berwick

Is there anybody out there related to the arundel family of north berwick,going back to 1801,the oldest link being thomas.

Sunpat

Hi, steviedee33
    For your arundel family of north berwick, would it help to post on the East Lothian forum?
    Sunpat

steviedee33

Default east lothian forum

is there a link to it ? cheers

Sunpat

Hi, steviedee33
    Grovelling apologies.
    I should have properly engaged my brain and checked before I posted
    Excuse is - my memory was playing tricks on me re. something I thought I'd previously seen.
    This site might be of interest, if you've not already spotted it.

https://www.north-berwick.co.uk/history_19thcentury.asp

Sunpat

steviedee33

Smile thanks

cheers for that ,its a good link.

georgie

hi stevied33
    I am new on the site but have been tracing the Arundels for a while now. The Thomas you refer to is the son of Thomas Arndle and Euphemia Walker. They were married in North Berwick in 1797. Thomas the son Married Ann Lugton 14th October 1826. I dont know how much info you have or need. but if i can help please just ask.

steviedee33

Quote Originally Posted by georgie View Post
    hi stevied33
    I am new on the site but have been tracing the Arundels for a while now. The Thomas you refer to is the son of Thomas Arndle and Euphemia Walker. They were married in North Berwick in 1797. Thomas the son Married Ann Lugton 14th October 1826. I dont know how much info you have or need. but if i can help please just ask.

Hi Georgie , we have a lot of information on the arundel family. We also have ann lugton's parents. Do you know about the glofing link to the arundel family , we have quite a story on that. Are you related to the arundel family?
    We were wondering if any of their relations still live in North Berwick.

georgie

Quote Originally Posted by steviedee33 View Post
    Hi Georgie , we have a lot of information on the arundel family. We also have ann lugton's parents. Do you know about the glofing link to the arundel family , we have quite a story on that. Are you related to the arundel family?
    We were wondering if any of their relations still live in North Berwick.
    Hiya Steviedee33
    I did read about the Arundels Golfing exploits. We can talk about these in more detail. My mother is Jane Arundel daughter of
    Alexander Boyd Arundel and Mary Lang
    Grandfather & Grandmother Hugh Arundel & Elizabeth Boyd
    G. G'father & G G'mother Hugh Arndle/Arundel & Mary Simpson
    G.G.G'father & G.G.G'mother Thomas Arndle/Arundel & Ann Lugton
    G.G.G.G'father & G.G.G.G'mother Thomas Arndle/Arundel & Euphemia Walker. There is only one lady with the surname Arundel i know living in North Berwick and i did contact her in 2005. She was very helpful but said all the Arundels had gone now. Funny because there was a large family there. I'm still looking.

Bull

Hi Steviedee33 & Georgie,
    Just noticed this thread, my gr grandparents x4 was ,Thomas Arundel & Euphemia Walker. My line is,
    gggg, g/parents - Thomas Arundel -Euphemia Walker,
    ggg, g/parents - John Arundel - Catherine Cockfield,
    gg, g/parents - Mary Arundel - Peter Galloway,
    g, g/parents - Effie Kate Galloway - William Erskine,
    g/parents - Alexander Erskine
    parents - Anne Erskine - Robert Sanders,
    Iain Sanders.
    I have a little info if it's any use to anyone.
    Iain

georgie

Default Arundels

Hiya Bull
    We do have the same Grandparents in Thomas and Euphemia. Son John is the brother of Thomas which is the line i am from.I would appreciate any info that you have. I am stuck on where Thomas Arndle who married Euphemia came from. There is a book "Tales of Old North Berwick" that relates to Trooper Thomas Arndle marrying local girl Euphemia Walker. There is also an old postcard picture of a J Arundel in amongst a group of fishermen. I dont know if this is your John or elder brother James. I have the Arundels as Slaters not fishermen. Any help would be appreciated. Georgie