Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    sdgray22

Default Swanton Morley and East Dereham

I have quite a lot of info and records for these 2 places always willing to help anyone, cant promise anything but I will always look in my records for you.

lorna4

Default beavis

hi there,
    i am looking for any information of the beavises from swanton morley, if i give you names such as harry beavis who was born in 1883 swanton morley and his wife annie todd who was born in north walsham, i believe they were in married in 1910. it would be nice to find out if they were married in the all saints church in swanton morley.
    i have other look up like where there children were christened. marshall, cecil, willie don, stanley robert, phyliss, and peter jack.
    best wishes lorna4

Geoffers

In case sdgray's records don't cover this period, you can always order a copy of the marriage certificate either from the GRO, or at the local registrar.

The 1891 census shows what appears to be your Harry with his family:

RG12/1553 f72 p2
    Swanton Morley
    George BEEVIS, hd, mar, 35, ag.lab, bn Swanton Morley
    Sarah Beevis, wf, mar, 35, bn Mattishall Burgh
    Herbert W, son, 15, baker
    Beatrice, son, 13
    Charles S, son, 11, scholar
    Harry G, son, 8, scholar
    Louise M, dau, 4, scholar
    Helena K, dau, 2
    (all children bn Swanton Morely)

fare y'well tergether

sdgray22

Default Beavis Swanton Morley

Beavis is a name that pops up in Swwanton Morley Parish registers a lot
    below are the ones I have
    Swanton Morley marriages 1837-1891 All Saints
    1st April 1854 George Pearce and Esther Beavis both signed with X both of SM by banns witnesses William Beavis and John Canham officiating minister William Millett
    25th Nov 1854 william Beavis and Sarah Ann Hudson both signed with X both of SM by banns witnesses John Margeson and John Canham officiating minister Henry Tacy
    18th Nov 1882
    Henry Beevis and Naomi Jane Smith he signed with X she signed her name both of SM by banns witnesses James Thomas Smith and Ruth Esther Smith officiating minister Walter G Morgan Curate
    and guess what one of yours married one of mine!!!
    15th Oct 1886 William Beevis and Amelia Jex he signed with an X she signed her name both signed with X both of SM by banns witnesses James Gittens and Ellen Jex officiating minister Walter G Morgn Curate
    (if you want my ged file please get in touch e mail is sdgray22 (at) sky.com)
    There are quite a few Beavis memorials and burials in the churchyard I have all those if you want them too various baptisms so get back to me and I will send them all to you.
    sorry but 1910 is a bit later than the records I have which are mostly 19th century
    Sharon
    Last edited by Jan1954; 16-03-2008 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Email address

Geoffers

In view of the above, and your wish to get details of......

i believe they were in married in 1910. it would be nice to find out if they were married in the all saints church in swanton morley
    You'll now need to purchase the marriage certificate, you will now need to refer to the records of the registrar, either locally or via the GRO.

If you use the GRO, you can order online here
    using the following reference

1910 December
    BEAVIS, Henry G
    Wayland
    Vol 4b Page 691

(The above entry is duplicated with him also entered under Harry)

If you are not sure about the system for civil registration, please ask.

robbieuk

Default re: Ingledow/Engledow

Hello,

Please could you check to see whether there are any mentions of this surname in Swanton Morley? Especially a Mary or Bridget Engledow baptised in the 1710s/1720s. These sisters married Barnabas Dunnell and Stephen Andrews respectively, and lived over in enighbouring Weston/Morton/Attlebridge parishes. But perhaps they came from SM?

Many thanks for your time.
    Rob

Famous for offering help & advice

Sharon,

I`d be very interested in any details for the Parfrement/Perfrement surnames in both places as I`m doing a one-name study. I have a few records from those two villages but would be grateful for any detail you have. Many thanks.

Mitch

sdgray22

Quote Originally Posted by robbieuk View Post
    Hello,

Please could you check to see whether there are any mentions of this surname in Swanton Morley? Especially a Mary or Bridget Engledow baptised in the 1710s/1720s. These sisters married Barnabas Dunnell and Stephen Andrews respectively, and lived over in enighbouring Weston/Morton/Attlebridge parishes. But perhaps they came from SM?

Many thanks for your time.
    Rob
    Robbie I have Ingledow and Engledow as follows
    all these records below are transcribed by Mid Norfolk Family History Society
    All Saints Church Swanton Morley Baptisms 1784-1837
    bap 25/3/1794 born 24/3/1794 Martha daughter of John Ingledow and Mary (sp Riches)
    bap 4/1/1797 born 3/1/1797 Mary Ann daughter of John Ingledow and Mary (sp Riches)
    bap 8/5/1799 born 5/5/1799 Rose daughter of John Ingledow and Mary (sp Riches)
    bap 4/9/1822 born 1/9/1822 John son of Richard Whitterick and Rose (sp Engledow)
    bap 8/1/1824 born 7/1/1824 John son of Richard Whitterick and Rose (sp Ingledow)
    Marriages 1837-1891
    29/8/1840 William Shepherd a widow married Martha Ingledow spinster he signed she made a cross both of this parish by banns, witnesses Mary Peachman and John Canham officiating minister Henry Tacy
    I have been through all my records and this is all there is note there are no burials so the family probably moved on
    Sharon

sdgray22

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch in Notts View Post
    Sharon,

I`d be very interested in any details for the Parfrement/Perfrement surnames in both places as I`m doing a one-name study. I have a few records from those two villages but would be grateful for any detail you have. Many thanks.

Mitch
    Mitch
    Parfrement and Perfrement
    All records transcribed by Mid Norfolk Family History Society
    Burial Registers of St Nicholas East Dereham part2 1776-1908
    entry 4333 parfrement Ann age 68 Wife of Philip East Dereham 3/4/1852
    entry 4314 Parfement Philip age 32 from East Dereham 2/11/1851
    entry 1572 Parfrement Sarah spinster age 23 28/12/1807
    entry 1911 Parfement Mary age 72 wife of samuel Scarning 25/8/1814
    entry 4496 Parfrement Philip age 75 from East Dereham 2/8/1854
    All Saints Church Swanton Morley Baptisms 1784-1837
    28/10/1788 James son of William Fleming and Margaret (Parfrement-sp)
    28/10/1790 born 26/8/1790 Ruth daughter of William Fleming and Margaret (Parfrement-sp)
    25/9/1796 born 22/9/1796 Lovey illegitimate daughter of Susanna Parfrement
    14/5/1797 born 7/5/1797 Maria daughter of William Fleming and Margaret (Parfrement-sp)
    2/9/1799 born 29/8/1799 Amy daughter of William Fleming and Margaret (Parfrement-sp)
    23/2/1802 born 14/2/1802 Sophia daughter of William Fleming and Margaret (Parfrement-sp)
    9/5/1803 born 7/5/1803 Mary Illegitimate daughter of Susanna Parfrement
    4/6/1804 born 2/6/1804 William son of William Fleming and Margaret (Parfrement-sp)
    2/1/1807 born 2/1/1807 Rebecca daughter of William Fleming and Margaret (Parfrement-sp)
    9/4/1809 born 7/4/1809 Elizabeth daughter of William Fleming and Margaret (Parfrement-sp)
    7/10/1812 born 5/10/1812 Charlotte daughter of William Fleming and Margaret (Parfrement-sp)
    Memorial Inscriptions All Saints Church Swanton Morley
    entry grave E75 headstone with a gothic shaped top (inscription face flaking)
    This/stone erected/to the memory of/William Parfrement/died May 2nd 1885/aged 74 years
    All Saints Church Swanton Morley Burials 1838-1891
    17/10/1851 Susanna Parfrement abode Swanton Morley age 75
    6/5/1885 William Parfrement abode Gressenhall Union House age 74
    Note Gressenhall Workhouse is a museum and you can ask to see records

Hope this helps
    Sharon

Famous for offering help & advice

Many many thanks for that Sharon, much appreciated.

Mitch.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast