hyatt

Default hyatt brightwell baldwin

Hi
    I am stuck.......with this family, I am having doubts about the names of "my Moses Hyatt's" parents..this is the info that was done by someone else a few years ago.

" Moses Hyatt(1799-1872, son of Moses Hyatt and wife Diana) was born at Watlington, Oxfordshire in 1799. In 1821 at Watlington he married Elizabeth Lawrence, daughter of William Lawrence, labourer, of Brightwell, Berkshire. Their ten children were born in Oxfordshire: William (who died in childhood, Joseph (born 1823), James (1825), Mary (1828), Elizabeth (1830), Moses (1833), Jonah (1835), Job (1840) and Diana (1842). The family may have moved at some stage to the vicinity of Henley-on-Thames"

However I cannot find anything on this Moses married to a Diana...but there is a James Hyatt married to a Diana..from brightwell baldwin.
    my Moses and his wife elizabeth lawrence are in uppertown brightwell baldwin in the 1841 census living next door to her father...also a|James Hyatt whose age fits the james and dianna hyatts is also in the area....
    Some of the children were registered in Henley district....but appear to have been born in brightwell baldwin.............The Lawrence family is from Brightwell baldwin...The eldest son William Hyatt seems to have disappeared...

It is possible the death reg info on my moses hyatt is not correct as there have been a few errors in death reg from the family..it is the only thing I can think of to try to find this family in brightwell baldwin.......
    stramgely jonah born 1835 is clearly named joshua on the 1841 census....and there appears to be another related male abraham born 1823..........
    any help would be greatly appreciated as I have been stuck for ages on this real brick wall..

Mutley

I have the parish records for St Agatha Brightwell. Bapt 1564-1996. Mar 1607-1991 and Bur 1607-1996

I searched for Hyatt and found only
    1850 20th Oct Surname: Hicks Elizabeth Hyatt S*** John & Elizabeth of Mackney tailor

When I put in Lawrence it came up with 49 people with that surname but I cannot see an Elizabeth, daughter of William.

A search for Moses produces 21 instances but most are as a surname none connected with Hyatt.

There are 30 women named Diana but none connected to Moses.
    Moses Hyatt does not appear on the Berkshire Burial Index 5th Edition
    Copyright 2006 Berkshire Family History Society

Not a lot of help I am afraid, only elimination really.
    If you wish a more specific look up in St Agatha's, please ask.

hyatt

Thank you for the quick response mutley
    I really have my doubts that my moses hyatt is the son of moses hyatt and dianna I cant find anything that verifies it other that the death reg..as you have searched and found no burial for a moses in brightwell either . I have strong suspicions that this james hyatt married to diana may be his father...or an uncle..
    I HAVE ELIZABETH LAWRENCE CHRISTENED 24 JUNE 1804 BRIGHTWELL
    MARRIED 2 APRIL 1821 BRIGHTWELL TO MOSES HYATT.
    THEY MIGRATED TO AUS 1844 SO NO RECORDS AFTER THAT IN ENG.
    According to the 1841 census
    ANN HYATT BORN 1808 LIVING WITH WILLIAM LAWRENCE FATHER OF ELIZABETH LAWRENCE.
    HANNAH HYATT CHRISTENED 10 FEB BRIGHTWELL BALDWIN PARENTS JAMES HYATT AND DIANA...

JAMES HYATT BORN ABT 1757 LIVING WITH ELIZABETH HYATT BORN ABT 1759 BOTH BORN IN THE PARISH ...1841 CENSUS LIVING IN UPPERTOWN BRIGHTWELL BALDWIN.

WILLIAM HYATT BORN ABT 1781 LIVING WITH JANE HYATT BORN ABT 1786 ...1841 CENSUS UPPERTOWN BRIGHTWELL BALDWIN ..

JOHN HYATT BORN ABT 1802 WIFE ANN HYATT BORN ABT 1808 LIVING IN BRIGHTWELL BALDWIN 1881 CENSUS

HENRY HYATT BORN ABT 1828 WORKING AT WHITE HOUSE FARM EWELM BORN IN BRIGHTWELL BALDWIN 1841 CENSUS

WILLIAM HYATT BORN ABT 1815 AND HIS WIFE MARY BORN ABT 1826 BORN IN BRIGHTWELL LIVING IN EALING MIDDLESEX 1891 CENSU

I cant find the connection to these Hyatts from uppertown, Brightwell but it seems likely they are all from the same family ...

my moses's children
    james hyat christened 25 june 1825 brightwell

mary hyatt christened 9 dec 1827 brightwell

jonah hyatt ch 24 june 1837 brighywell

job reg henley district 1840 jan mar quarter vol 16 fol 92

diana hyatt reg henley district 1843 jan mar quarter vol 16 fol 83

It seems confusion has occurred over the districts of watlington and the town..and also henley on thames and the reg district...
    all in all a bit of a mess..so any input at all on any of these hyatts might help sort them out.
    elizabeth lawrence is daughter of william lawrence and mary may.........
    they appear to have been in brightwell for several generations so the ones you found are poss "my" lawrences....

janbooth

Default Moses HYATT

I have the PR Transcripts for Watlington and Moses HYATT was definitely not baptised at Watlington. The only HYETT baptism around that time is that of a William on 11 March 1798 son of Joseph and Martha. Sorry not to be of more help.

Janet

hyatt

Thanks jan
    at this stage ...narrowing down by exclusion is better than no information.
    pity he didnt migrate after the 1851 census........might have had more info.
    if I can locate some of the other hyatts in brightwell that may provide some new leads.

Mutley

Hello,
    The record that I have is from St Agatha's, just wondering if there is another church in Brightwell. I do not know the area.

The IGI has Moses Hyatt born 1799 Watlington. Died 7 March 1872 Ballarat East, Victoria, Australia. Son of Moses Hyatt and Diana. Married Elizabeth Lawrence b. 1803, daughter of William in 1821 in Watlington. She died in Shepparton Victoria on 10 Feb 1891.

This lines up with your details. There is more. It is submitted information but does have the name and address of the submitter. I don't know where you are but he is in Victoria Australia. As you seem to be researching the same family maybe it is worth a letter.

Not sure if I can post the link but you should be able to find it easily enough......

hyatt

Hi
    this is the original source of the hyatt information..I have all the info from the submitter, but I think there may be confusion over reg districts and towns as from the census details brightwell baldwin is in henley district and watlington sub district.
    I believe the info was obtained by a paid researcher quite a few years ago.before census details were online.
    I believe the names of his parents was obtained from the death cert filled out by his daughter...several death certs in this family have been wrong in respect to names, (wrong surnames and wrong first names) I suppose this happens often due to varying reasons.
    so this is why I have doubts about his parents names...coupled with the complete absence of any signs of this "moses" married to diana...

the submitter thought he may have migrated with his son moses ..but this is not the case as there are no records of him on the ships list or in australia where they migrated to.

There is a st Bartholomews in brightwell baldwin that is c of e..the church in ewelme ...
    st mary the virgin is connected I believe.

does anyone have access to those records............

One of the lawrences was connected to the church in brightwell salome ..st nicholas.

Mutley

I wondered when I saw the IGI information if that was your source.

I also googled for Brightwell Baldwin, Oxfordshire and found lots of hits and realized it is a different place to the Brightwell, Berkshire that I have the records for. Though many Berkshire towns are now Oxfordshire

There are two burial references to a Moses Hyatt in Worcester on the Family History Online site but I do not have any credits left for that.

Sorry I can't help further, but best wishes in your search. Maybe the Oxfordshire Family History Society would be able to help.