Rob Dewsall

Default Derbyshire 1841 Census CD's Released Today

Hi All,

We at The Archive CD Books Project have today released the Derbyshire 1841 Census, both as a full county set and as individual CD's for those who only wish to research a particular part of the county.

Scanned in greyscale to the highest possible quality, the images on the CDs are actually far easier to read than the microfilms!

Parish Chest

Best wishes
    Rob Dewsall
    Last edited by Guest; 14-08-2007 at 3:30 PM.

Patrisia

Thumbs up Yippee!

....and I was going to do the ironing tomorrow!

Patrisia

Smile

I've ordered mine but will have to wait a couple of weeks before I can celebrate properly!

Brett

lanerellis

Default 1841 Derbyshire happiness.

Hello all,

How wonderful to have the great news about the release of the 1841 Derbyshire census! I pre-ordered my set a long time ago, when the first orders were being taken, and have been looking forward to this release. I assume that as usual ACDB will honor the original price for those of us that pre-ordered early on, and just want to thank Rod and the staff for this release.
    Last edited by lanerellis; 25-11-2004 at 6:47 AM.

My CDs arrived a couple of days ago, and I must say that I am most impressed with the quality of the images. Compared with the LDS microfilm of the 1841 Census for an area of South Derbyshire which I attempted to transcribe a few years ago, it certainly is, as Rod promised it would be, "almost 100% readable". I strongly recommend this purchase for anyone doing Derbyshire research in this era.

Regards and best wishes,

Brett