Caryl Gill

Post Military Presence in St Budeaux

I've found a gent. surname Pett who's occupation is 'Assistant Commisary General Ordinance D': St Budeaux. (1881)

Has anyone any idea of Regiment which regiment would have been in the area. By 1891 he was down as a Retired Lieutenant Colonel.

I've posted this here because it's after the Crimean War but before the Boer War.

Would welcome any help I can get with this.

Thanks in anticipation

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by Caryl Gill
    I've found a gent. surname Pett who's occupation is 'Assistant Commisary General Ordinance D': St Budeaux. (1881)
    Has anyone any idea of Regiment which regiment would have been in the area. By 1891 he was down as a Retired Lieutenant Colonel.
    Would welcome any help I can get with this.
    Your simplest and best bet would be to try a large library and look in the reference section for The 'Army List'. County Records Offices, Local Studies Libraries, County Libraries all usually carry a partial run of this series of books which have been produced annually since 1754.

Geoffers
    Charlbury, Oxfordshire

Caryl Gill

Talking Military Presence in St Budeaux

Hi Geoffers,

Thanks for the info, I've got him sorted, According to the Army Lists he wasn't a Lieutenant Colonel, but as Assistant Commisary General Ordinance, he had a rank equivalent to Lieutenant Colonel. He was in the 1882 Army lists.

Thanks again

Caryl