Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Huyton

Sharon Medley

Thank you so much, what a wealth of information, and I only asked "what census district was Huyton". You went above and beyond.
    Sharon

Wirral

I've had fun looking for your family. I hope I haven't spoiled your search. And did one of your family really die on the Titanic?

Sharon Medley

Smile

You have not spoiled my search at all, I have never heard anything about the Titanic, but then sofar I'm the only family member searching this branch of the family. It would really be something if one of the passengers was related. I'll let you know.
    Again, thank you.
    Sharon

Procat

This link may help:

https://www.lva.lib.va.us/whoweare/ex...titanic/p2.htm

however there are no Lydiatts recorded.

Wirral

I think the Edith Elizabeth LYDIATT who gets married in 1907 is the daughter of Joseph LYDIATT, the brother of your Edith.
    St James, Chesterfield St, Toxteth Liverpool, Lancashire, in the Parish of Walton on the Hill. Marriage 1 April 1907 after Banns.
    Edmund ROBERTS, 22, bachelor, Coach builder, 29 Virginia St, Toxteth Park, father Alexander ROBERTS, Tailor.
    Edith Elizabeth LYDIATT, 23, spinster, 48 [or 45] Grey St, father Joseph LYDIATT, Gardener.
    Witnesses: David Scott CORNET & Elizabeth WALMSLEY

By the way, the church records for Huyton are not at Liverpool Records Library after all. They may be at Prescot Library or at the Lancashire County Records Archives at Preston, but I don't have access to either of them.

wendybroda

Edith's brother, Charles, was a saloon steward on the Titanic. https://www.encyclopedia-titanica.org...s-lydiatt.html

I am descended from Edith's brother, William.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12