Itchy

Default Long shot uniform id :)

Lo all im researching my family tree and come across this man Ernest Woolterton hes at the right age for him to be in WWII but this is the only image of him in uniform and theres not a lot of distinguishing marks his great nephew dosent know so im taking up the challenge he managed to blow up the shoulder markings but ive no idea what it really says i can guess but id appreciate a bit o help
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Itchy; 30-08-2007 at 11:01 PM.

Famous for offering help & advice peter nicholl's Avatar

Hi Itchy
    The shoulder flash looks like RF, in which case it's the Royal Fusiliers (City of London Regiment). They have a Museum at the Tower of London. Google "The Fusiliers in London". They may be able to help.
    Peter
    Peter Nicholl
    Researching:Nicholl,Boater, Haselgrove & Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by peter nicholl View Post
    Hi Itchy
    The shoulder flash looks like RF, in which case it's the Royal Fusiliers (City of London Regiment). They have a Museum at the Tower of London. Google "The Fusiliers in London". They may be able to help.
    Peter
    I tend to agree, if you look at the cap, you can see what looks like the Fusiliers Bomb as the cap badge.

Itchy

Thanks both of you especially eagle eyed mike for spotting the cap badge i didnt even see it my guess was RF but wasnt to sure but am now.