Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Wilkes_ml

Default Re:

Mutley, I haven't come across those surnames yet, but will make a note and keep an eye out for them as I continue to transcribe the registers.

Mutley

Thank you kindly
    Apparently, some were members of a sect called "Peculiar People" If you find any peculiar people I will NOT own up to them being mine

Wilkes_ml

Hi Sweep.

I'm not sure if you mistakenly posted in the wrong thread, but I only have Essex Parish Registers, mainly 18th and 19th centuries. So your dates would probably be too late. But if you have any specific requests of people known to be in the Essex parishes listed, with a rough date (i.e. a couple of years span) then I'm happy to look at my fiche. I do not have a database, so can not do blanket seraching.

I would suggest first looking through GRO death registers first to get a year and location of death.

Regards,

Michelle

timsouch

Default Essex lookup please

I am looking for the bap or birth 1791 about of james watts and his son alfred watts 1829 Halstead maplstead.

also looking for jabez bishop born about 1794 also in little maplstead halstead and his daughter emma bishop 1832 and also his marrage to elizabeth not sure when.

Wilkes_ml

It looks as though Great Maplestead and Little Maplestead are actually separate parishes and are not part of Halstead. At the moment I do not have those parishes on Fiche, but will keep an eye out for the names in case they were in Halstead.

Michelle

frank harvey

Default Finding Fiche At Feering

MESSAGE FOR WILKES M.L.
    Hello ~
    I am new to this site ~ and I saw that you are willing to search Feering Fiche for the name CORNWELL. My maternal grandmother was a CORNWELL from Rayleig, Essex ~ and I have researched back to a Thomas CORNWELL in the late 1700's in Feering ~ but am stuck because LDS films do not cover a great time span in that Parish. I am more than willing to share my research with you ~ as I see that CORNWELL is also one of your research interests.
    Thank you
    Frank Harvey ~ Ballina NSW Australia
    Email [email protected]

Wilkes_ml

Feering Baptisms 1781-1830

4th November 1781 Sarah d. Daniel and Mary Cornwell
    15th Jun 1783 William s. Daniel and Mary Cornwell
    1st May 1785 Sarah d. Daniel and Mary Cornwell
    27th May 1787 Henry s. Daniel and Mary Cornwell
    28th March 1790 James s. of Daniel and Mary Cornwell
    26th February 1792 Sarah d. of Daniel and Mary Cornwell
    25th August 1793 William s. of Daniel and Mary Cornwell
    10th June 1798 Edward s. of Daniel and Mary Cornwell

31st December 1820 Caroline d. of Henry and Rebecca Cornwell, Feering, Carpenter

Feering Burials 1781-

4th November 1781 Sarah Cornwell, Infant
    25th May 1786 Daniel Cornwell, Pauper
    12th September 1790 Ann Cornwell, Pauper
    10th or 16th March 1799 Henry Cornwell

Halstead Marriages

No.208 Henry Cornwell (bachelor) and Rebecca Smith (spinster) by banns 23rd November 1818 Witness: Susanna Parmenter

These are the only ones I have come across so far whilst researching my Cornwell family. I haven't any record of Thomas Cornwell, but may have missed him. What records to you have for Thomas Cornwell?

Michelle

Wilkes_ml

I also have these:

Feering Marriages:

26th Nov 1754 Daniel Cornwell married Ann A?brock, widow

5th August 1781 Daniel Cornwell married Mary Dow alias Dove

and Feering Baptisms:

Jan 21st 1759 Sarah d. Daniel & Ann Cornwell
    March 10th 1761 Benjamin s. of Daniel & Ann Cornwell
    March 10th 1761 Ann d. Daniel & Ann Cornwell
    Nov 28th 1762 William s. Daniel & Ann Cornwell

and Burials:

March 22nd 1761 Benjamin Cornwell, infant
    March 25th 1761 Ann Cornwell, infant
    Dec 25th 1776 Sarah Cornwell. She died of the small pox.
    25th November 1818 Mary Cornwell aged 66
    30th December 1820 Neniah? Cownwell aged 1
    15th Feb 1841 Daniel Cornwell aged 86
    10th Jan 1864 Henry Cornwell aged 77

I am guessing that Daniel who married Married Mary Dow/Dove was the son of Daniel and Ann, but possibly baptised in a neighbouring parish.
    Last edited by Wilkes_ml; 29-09-2007 at 2:04 PM. Reason: updated

Clive Blackaby

Hi Michelle,

That is a most generous offer.

I'm looking for any references which might tie down a couple of possibly related villains, John Blackerby, alias Carter, and William Willey, said (in the Essex Assizes records) to be "of Matching in the County of Essex".

see https://www.british-genealogy.com/for...ead.php?t=4616 for more details.

I've done a bit of trawling around the local PRs, and drawn a total blank on any of those surnames, and I think perhaps they came from Hertfordshire, but I'd be grateful for anything you might come across on these surnames.

Kind regards

Clive

ET in the USA

Hi Michelle,

I have just come across some Essex leads. I'm afraid I'm not very familiar with the parishes, so some of these may not be included in what you are transcribing, but here they are just in case. Dates are from 1851 & 1861 census, so may be way off

James Holland b. abt. 1799 Great Saling, Essex

James married Jemima who was also b. abt. 1799 Gt. Saling (however, if she is the Jemima Holland who died in 1872 in Dunmow Dist at age 70, she was born closer to 1802). Do not know where they married.

On the 1861 census, James & Jemima aged 62 (head & wife) are in the same residence, in the Civil Parish of Bardfield Saling as Robert & Ann aged 50 & 45 (head & wife) and William & Sarah aged 19 (Head & Wife). William is the son of Rbt. & Ann, so I thought Robert must be the son of James & Jemima until I looked at the dates. Don't think Jemima was 8-11 when son was born, so maybe they are brothers or cousins, etc.

Robert Holland b. abt 1810 Bardfield Saling, Essex.

He married Ann Gowers in 1839 (Sep Qtr 1839 Braintree 12 29 per free BMD) - I believe.

If Little (Bardfield) Saling on your transcription list is the same parish as where Robert was born per census, perhaps you can help solve who his parents were.

Thanks for any help or attempted help given. I don't seem to be able to find anything on British IGI.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast