Default Henry Arthur SHOOBERT b. 1893 Norwood/Tooting

I am looking for anything on Henry Arthur SHOOBERT, born at Norwood or Tooting, London on 27 Aug 1893, or his descendants, please. I have the following family from the 1901 Census:

William SHOOBERT b. c1860 Kensington LON m: Rosie b. c1868 Marylebone LON
    Children:
    - William SHOOBERT b. c1891 Norwood LON
    - Henry Arthur SHOOBERT b. 27 Aug 1893 Norwood/Tooting LON
    - Beatrice SHOOBERT b. 1894 Tooting LON

and would be grateful on information about descendants. Thank you very much.

Doug Shoobert

Brett,
    Henry Arthur Shoobert was my granddad. We will be in the Mount in 2 weeks. I'll give you a call then.
    Regards
    Doug Shoobert

Hi Doug,

Nice to hear from you. I believe that your grandfather may have served together with my grandfather Charles Leslie Lionel Payne (1892-1975) in the Canadian Expeditionary Force during World War One. I have a print of a photo of Transport Section 1, No. 7 Company, Canadian Army Service Corps (C.A.S.C.), probably taken in March 1915 at St John's, New Brunswick, before they embarked for England. This shows some 32 men, NCOs and officers, and includes both of our grandfathers. They had originally attested into the CEF at Winnipeg, Manitoba on 11 Nov 1914, and had spent the intervening few months training.

I started a write up of my grandfather's time in the CEF, but it needs a major update, as I have learnt a lot more since then.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards and best wishes,

Brett