Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ann1

Question barnes family of gedney drove end

info on the family of walter barnes he was in the army married elizabeth or eliza cooper he was born 1871c want to know who his mum and dad were and his time in the army thanks ann
    Last edited by ann1; 22-07-2007 at 9:42 AM. Reason: more info

Reputation beyond repute

I think you might stand more chance of a helpful reply if you mention a timescale and the type of information you want.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hi Ann,
    Welcome to the forum.
    We do our best to help, but we do need slightly more information than you've given.
    First of all, do you know Walter came from Lincolnshire? If so, where has your knowledge come from? e.g. did your mutual Aunt Gladys say he was born/lived in place xyz? Please note that born and lived are not necessarily the same.
    Have you found him on a census with or without Eliza/Elizabeth? Do you know when he married? If you don't know exactly when he married, did he have children? Do you know their names and when and where they were born?
    FreeBMD shows 14 Walter Barnes birth registrations for 1871, none of them in Lincolnshire. (Though before 1874 not all births were registered.)
    Pam
    ETA: Whoops! Just woken up and seen the place name in the thread title. Sorry. (Further ETA to say that judging by the time of the editing of the first message I think that the place name was added after I first looked at the thread.)
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 22-07-2007 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Wish to declare innocence at not seeing a detail. :)

Reputation beyond repute

If you got the mother's maiden name from the birth certificate of one of the children (let us hope so), your next step is to find the parents' marriage.

After you've obtained the marriage certificate, you'll have the names of the parents' fathers and then you can start worrying about the father's birth and parentage.

OK.
    Gedney Drove End will be in Holbeach registration district. No Walter Barnes or (other first name) plus Walter(as a second name) Barnes' birth showing on FreeBMD as being registered between 1866 and 1876. Having said that, FreeBMD is not yet complete, so you should always refer to the full GRO Index just in case.
    There is a Walter Barnes birth registration in Wisbe(a)ch registration district in March Q 1870 but I suspect that he's the one shown in the 1871 census as born and living in Parson Drove, Cambridgeshire.
    The only Walter Barnes/Barns shown on 1871, 1881, 1891 census as either being born in Gedney or living in Gedney (both of which queries will include Gedney Drove End) is one born c1888 born Gedney liiving in Lutton in 1891.
    Pam

ann1

Default barnes

hi my aunt his grandaughter gave me the info he had 6daughters eliza1887c ethel1888c rose1890c dorothy1892c florence1893c and gladys1895c, i know he was a full time in the army he served in India and belive ethel was born out there,rose married robert samuel wilding dont know what year ann

Hi Ann,
    If Walter was born in c1871 he would only have been about 16 when his first child was born in 1887. Are you sure you have his birth year correct?
    Pam

Robert Samuel Wilding and Rose H Barnes married in December quarter 1915 in Holbeach registration district. i.e. any church, chapel, or register office in any of the places listed here
    https://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/reg/districts/holbeach.html

Source of marriage: FreeBMD https://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl

Pam

ann1

Thumbs up

many thanks ann

ann1

hi not sure abount the childrens birth dates ann

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast