Bob Cunning

Default William STREETER

Hello from Australia. William STREETER was born at Mountfield, Sussex, England, on 21 JUN 1842, was a miner and migrated to Australia with his brother Henry, on the "LADY MILTON" which arrived in Sydney on 28 June 1862. WILLIAM died in Brisbane on 22 JAN 1931, aged 88 years.

William's parents were Edward and Rebecca and the 1851 census shows the family living in North Trade Workhuse, Battle, East Sussex. Rebecca was dead by this time. The 1861 census shows that Edward had married Eliza (?surname) and William living with his sister and brother in law in Folkestone

William married Margaret SHERRINGTON (born in Glasgow on 15 May 1856 and died on 22 Mar 1906) at Gladstone on 23 Dec 1880.

Is anyone researching this STREETER line?
    Cheers, Bob in Melbourne
    Last edited by Guest; 04-10-2007 at 2:19 PM.

topo60

Hi Bob
    I've just found your posting and thought you might like to see my Streeter ancestors and see if any match up with yours (they are all from Sussex).

My 3x great great grandmother was Lucy Ann Streeter and these are her ancestors

James Streeter born about 1772 and married to Ann Alfrey. The had the following known children:
    Henry 1790
    Ann 1797
    Mary 1799
    John 1805
    James 1803
    Mary 1807 (I know Mary married George Bushby (another ancestor of mine!) and they emigrated to Tasmania - their son also George was later hanged for shooting and wounding a policeman).

Henry born abt 1790 died 1837 had the following children that I know of:
    Ann b 1811
    Henry b 1817
    Philadelphia b 1821
    Lucy Ann b 1824 (my ancestor)
    James b 1827
    Sarah b 1830
    Spencer b 1834.

Henry's father James born about 1772 married Ann Alfrey b 1777.
    They had the following children that I know of:
    Henry b 1790
    Ann b 1797
    Mary b 1799
    John b 1805
    James b 1803
    Mary b 1807

Any luck? Please let me know.
    topo60

amyboon

Hi Bob,

My names Amy. I have recently started looking at my family history on my grandfathers side (Simon Huntley Streeter). So far i have found that my grandad (Simon) was the son of Simon Walter Huntley and Lorna May Streeter. And Simon Walter Huntler Streeter was the son of William and Margaret Streeter. All of the dates i have found match the dates in your post which leads me to think that they are the same people. if you have any further information on this line i would love to hear it...
    Thanks.

Jan1954

Hello Amy - welcome to Brit-Gen,

Unfortunately, Bob is no longer a member of the forum and so will not receive your message. However, please have a look round and post you queries as other may be able to help you.