Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    lesstorey

Unhappy RAF service number

My father served in the RAF prior to and during WW2 i have made inquiries with RAF records Innsworth who have no record of him,unfortunately i do not have his service number, his full name is Robert Henry Storey,dob march 1901, without the number i am stonewalled any help will be appreciated.

If you know what trade he was in, there are a number of associations and someone might be able to help. Knowing where he served might also assist them with identifying him.

lesstorey

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Wilson
    If you know what trade he was in, there are a number of associations and someone might be able to help. Knowing where he served might also assist them with identifying him.
    Thank you for your reply, i have no knowledge of his trade but i do know that he was at Dunkirk and then served at RAF Bridgnorth

Hi Have you put RAF Bridgnorth into a search engine, there is loads of sites, so you may get lucky.

lesstorey

Smile RAF service number

Thanks for that, looks interesting will search site

Dragonfly

Hi There.
    Have you any pictures of him in uniform, you can some times identify via a badge, strips as to rank etc.
    If you can post on here so that others might identify.

you might like to follow up on the below.
    AIR 29/498 No. 4 Recruit Centre, Bridgnorth 1939 Nov.-1941 Oct.

regards

hughar

Are you absolutely certain that you have nothing in the family with his number on? What about old letters or photographs, someone's address book or diary, a book that he put his name in, a bible or prayer book, his medals, discharge papers, an old suitcase or kitbag, or any other personal items. For example, I was in the RAF not long after the war, and still have (and use) my RAF issue shoe brushes and clothes brush with my service number stamped into the handles.

Was he in the RAF when his last child was born? If so, the birth certificate might include his service details.

Also was he in the Army in WWI? TNA's 'Documents Online' appears to have an entry for him in the WWI medal cards at https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/d...ine/medals.asp

Mike Nye

Quote Originally Posted by lesstorey View Post
    My father served in the RAF prior to and during WW2 i have made inquiries with RAF records Innsworth who have no record of him,unfortunately i do not have his service number, his full name is Robert Henry Storey,dob march 1901, without the number i am stonewalled any help will be appreciated.

I believe that any records from and during WWII are held be the RAF Museum at Hendon, Any serving members after that are held be the records office at Innsworth. Be advised that all records at Innsworth are moving so they may not be too helpfull for the next few months.

Im a current serving member of the RAF and had the same problems researching family.

Mike

lesstorey

Default RAF service number

Thanks to all who replied, I have tried all these threads without success, Innsbrook records have been unable to find him.Seems a shame that he served throughout the 2ww and for some time at RAF Bridgnorth and yet I am unaable to trace him.

Dragonfly

I have posted this on behalf of Les, this is a picture of his father, unfortunally there's no identification apart from the strips.... Although there is a hint on the shoulder of a badge for a Technician, what do you think?.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast