I have no record that my ggggrandmother Hannah Saunders was ever
    in Norfolk/Suffolk but she did work for a "Gotobed" family in Ely,St Noets,
    Cambridgeshire as a Nurse/Servent according to the 1881 census
    [RG11,piece1684,Folio68,page15.
    Hannah Saunders was born in 1830, Monksilver, Somerset. Because she
    was a single parent she left her son Thomas with her Mother Elizabeth
    in Stogumber 1851.
    In 1871 the census records her visiting her sister Eliza Winchester in
    Brighton and the last record in 1881 in Cambridgeshire.
    Because of its proximity to Norfolk/Suffolk I wonder if you could check
    your database for any record. Any help would be appreciated.
    Regards Glen Saunders

Famous for offering help & advice michaelpipe's Avatar

Brian, I have only just found this thread. I have a Deborah Saunders b 1750 (calculated from burial record age 45, buried in Dennington 8th July 1795). She was married to Thomas Pipe in Wilby 25th March 1773 and was said to be of Dickleburgh, Norfolk. I am attempting to establish her parents.

Do you have any Deborahs in Dickleburgh?
    Michael

Suffolk Pipe – one tree

Brian

Sorry Glen, I can't find anything that matches.

Michael I haven't found anything on the database, but will check my original notes in case I missed her...the parish records of Dickleburgh are a bit bewildering as there are many registers some of which overlap and contain different records!

Glen Saunders

Default Searching for Hannah Saunders

Thanks for checking your database
    Glen

suerolfe

Hi. I think i have a Mary Ann Saunders born in 1871 in Attleborough Norfolk. She was married to my Great Grand father George Thomas England from Gt Yarmouth and is mentioned as next of kin on his sign up papers. Can any one with further reserch confirm that this is correct? thank you. In particular wether it was George Thomas or George William.

Brian

Hello Sue,
    I have George Thomas England age 27 bach attendant at R.N. Asylum of Great Yarmouth father Robert England Labourer marrying Mary Ann Saunders age 24 of Deopham father James a labourer in Deopham Church 21 May 1896. Hope that helps.
    Brian

suerolfe

Thank you so much, it looks like My George Thomas. I have found his service records that say Mar Ann was his wife, but wasent sure i had the right George! Onwards and upwards, thanks again
    Sue.

niftyneedles55

Hi Brian, I'm researching this family of Saunders for a friend and would appreciate any help you can provide me, I have found 2 Richard Newby Saunders, one born in 1826 and one in 1828, both in Lowestoft. Can you tell me which was the fish merchant who died in 1892?
    Lynn
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Hello

George John Kettles Saunders married Eliza Shepherd at Lowestoft St Margaret on 3 Jan 1856. He was one of five children born to Richard Newby Saunders and Mary Ann Kettles. I have an extensive amount of information on this family and if you send me a private message with your email address will forward all the rest of what I have and other researchers interested in this family.

Brian

johntde

I've just come across this site. I am looking for relations of Ephraim Saunders of Hopton/Thetford, on the Norfolk/Suffolk border. He was my great grandfather. He was orphaned when he was 7, and next appears (misspelled as 'Ephriam') in Monkwearmouth, Sunderland, described, almost certainly for convenience, as 'Stepson' of a Robert Fairley, married to Ann, whose birthplace (Ann's) .is given as East Harling, Norfolk. Ephraim's actual father and mother were William Saunders of Hopton and (probably) Eliza Brown of Shelfanger (not Thelnetham, as appears on one census transcription). Any help getting back from William or Eliza will be gratefully appreciated.

By the way, how does the private messaging work on this site?

John

Brian

Hello John, Samuel Saunders and Elizabeth Lock married in Hopton in 1805 are, I believe William's parents. He had seven brothers and sisters. Snowed under today and hastily replying.

Best wishes
    Brian

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast