Judy M

Default Edward QUICK at Clapham 1851

I am looking for an Edward QUICK b 1827 Plymtree, Devon, England
    who may have been with a brother William in Clapham in 1851
    I am particlarly interested in his occupation.

I would appreciate any help with this chap, who has been particularly elusive.

Judy
    Qld Australia

bumblebee

Hi

He is with his brother in 1851, in Clapham and he is a Journeyman Blacksmith.

44 Clifton Street

Edward Quick 1848 Lambeth, Surrey, Son
    Emma Quick 1850 Clapham, Surrey, Daughter (7 months old).
    Jane Quick 1825 Newington, Wiltshire, Wife
    Jane Quick 1847 Lambeth, Surrey, Daughter
    William Quick 1822 Plymtree, Devon, Head - Blacksmith. (Mas.?)
    William Quick 1846 Lambeth, Surrey, Son
    Edward Quick, 1830 Plymtree, devon, Brother, Journeyman Blacksmith.

Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece: 1576; Folio: 140; Page: 14; GSU roll: 174812.

Jane is transcribed as aged 3 the same as her brother Edward but the actual image clearly shows Jane aged 4 and Edward aged 3, William is aged 5.

Bumblebee.
    Last edited by bumblebee; 09-02-2007 at 12:31 AM.

Judy M

An enormous thank you!
    I think this is my chap whose profession was given later as blacksmith/farrier
    You have no idea how long I have looked for him!

BIG hug
    Judy

bumblebee

Hi Judy

I am pleased it was what you were looking for.

I see the IGI gives Edward's parents as Edward & Elizabeth (I know to be taken with a pinch of salt until proven) but there is this family in Plymtree in 1841...

Plymtree Village

Edward Quick abt 1796 Devon, England Plymtree Devon - Blacksmith.
    Elizabeth Quick abt 1796 Devon, England Plymtree Devon
    Henry Quick abt 1822 Devon, England Plymtree Devon
    John Quick abt 1827 Devon, England Plymtree Devon
    Mary Quick abt 1826 Devon, England Plymtree Devon

Source Citation: Class: HO107; Civil Parish: Plymtree; County: Devon; Enumeration District: 12; Page: 5; Line: 8; GSU roll: 241313.

I came across them when I had a look for Edward on the 1841, but I am not sure where Edward is on the 1841.

Could they be the parents and some of Edward's siblings? Father Edward is a Master Blacksmith on later census.

Good Luck with your research.

Bumblebee. x x x

Judy M

Yes I do think you are right
    ...I finally tracked down "my" Edward's marriage and have (last night) ordered his certificate which will I hope be a help in getting things "jelled"
    I don't know how many times I'd gone through the fiche looking for him...finally found with wife's name weirdly spelt on Free BDM...I can't thank those volunteer transcribers enough!

Cherie McLean

Hi everyone,
    I am also of the Quick family with William Quick 1763 and wife Mary Willey in Plymtree to Edward Quick 1791 and wife Elizabeth Small of Plymtree to William Quick 1821 and wife Jane Dunford inPlymtree then Lambeth to William George Quick 1844 in Clapham wed twice 1 Rosina Barrett in Wandsworth 1866 then married to Annie Dyer to William Morgan Quick 1892 Clapham and his wife Florence Annie Green to Gordon Ralph Quick 1928 Margate Kent, my father, married my mum Rosemary Baker 1930 in Portsmouth Hampshire, where I was born in 1955, and I am Cherie Anne McLean nee Quick now of Australia. Would love to hear from Judy M, Bumble Bee. Cheers Cherie