Ambler

Question William Miller Rothbury area

William Miller would be my GGG Grandfather all i have to go off is that he was present at his Daughter Elizabeth Miller's Wedding in 1844 when she married George English and his father Alexander English was present too

They married in Rothbury Oct13th 1844 from that date the trail has gone cold any ideas or help would be of great assistance

the Family tree startes for me here and leads up to the following names English,Paxton,Donaldson, Barclay,Conning, and possible the name of Millburn although my current interest is English Miller I have a lot of info on the others
    if anyone needs help
    Last edited by Guest; 17-11-2007 at 1:14 PM. Reason: extra info added

BevGibbs

Dear Ambler
    One of my Milburns from Newcastle / Gateshead married Elizabeth Fife of Rothbury c.1870. Might we have a common link?

bumblebee

There is a William Miller (ag lab) born Scotland on the 1841 census in Rothbury.

................Elizabeth Miller abt 1821 Northumberland, Rothbury
    Ellen Miller abt 1833 Northumberland, Rothbury
    Isabella Miller abt 1786 Northumberland, Rothbury
    James Miller abt 1828 Northumberland, Rothbury
    .................William Miller abt 1786 .....Scotland Rothbury Northumberland
    William Miller abt 1816 Northumberland, Rothbury

It looks like Great Fosson? and Rye Hill area of Rothbury.

Source Citation: Class: HO107; Civil Parish: Rothbury; County: Northumberland; Enumeration District: 3D; Page: 10; Line: 18; GSU roll: 438891.

Bumblebee

bumblebee

Same family in 1851? in Netherton South Side, Northumberland. (address: Netherton Burn Foot?)

George Miller abt 1826 Rothbury, Northumberland, England Son
    Isabella Miller abt 1782 Ponteland, Northumberland, Wife
    Isabella Miller abt 1833 Rothbury, Northumberland, Daughter
    James Miller abt 1828 Rothbury, Northumberland, Son
    Thomas Miller abt 1822 Rothbury, Northumberland, Son
    William Miller abt 1785 Scotland Head

Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece: 2423; Folio: 21; Page: 11; GSU roll: 87103.

Bumblebee

Ambler

Default Thank you to Bev and Bumble bee

Thanks for your help this will give me somthing to advance with
    once agin thanks

hartfordmeg

Are you still researching the ENGLISH family from Rothbury? My g g grandmorther was Mary Ann English born 1806. She had a brother Alexander born 1810. Their father was also Alexander. Would be willing to share information

Ambler

Thumbs up

I havnt been doing much research latley but yes i am interested in any connection
    the real reason for this is to attempt to trace my gg Granfather william english whom married,Briddget paxton and had one daughter my granny Bridgget Anne English later married to the barclay family from North sunderland (Seahouses) as at the time of her Birth
    in 1893 he wasnt around according to the censuses and she and her mother where living with her her Parents the Paxtons andsince then the line has gone Cold on finding anymore about my Great Grandad william English,,

sorry no dates shown Currently decorating and all files put away for now

hartfordmeg

Default William English

Hi Ambler, Get back to me when you have time. Good luck with the decorating.
    Meg

Ambler

my Granny Bridgette Anne English Married James Barclay,, they lived out there lives in AMBLE

Ambler

Thumbs up

to Help you,, james was know as sniper,,he had several children but al least 4 died whilst they lived in Radcliffe,,There was son James Barclay,(PuD) Ernie, then daughters
    Nancy My Mother Gladys, katey, and jean,, sorry but my docs are all away at this moment in Boxes still plodding through this Dammed decorating,,what connection to the Brclays are you,,i have several cousins in Amble but dont get in touch with most of them,,(Just a new era thing),,,MY Grandad is buried in amble along with bridgette he died 93yrs old in 1976

hope this helps, I have a cosuin Jimmy that lives in Amble and his father was also called
    Jimmy ( PUD) My Grandfathers Son