gibson

Unhappy The Locke Family

undefinedlocke looking for William Robert Locke born 1889 Cheltenham married Chris ? died late 1960 Cheltenham
    Sharon Redmond

jeeb

Default William Locke

Hi Sharon,
    You do not make it perfectly clear what you are actually looking for but here is some information that may help:-

ref RG12/2010 Folio 55 Page3 1891 census
    Ivy House Farm Norton Glos.
    Robert Locke 27 Farm Lab born Bourton on the Water
    Lydia wife 32 born Sherborne
    William R. son 2 born Cheltenham
    Alice dau 9 mths born Cheltenham
    Osborne Locke nephew 7? born Bourton on the Water.

Marriage Robert Locke & Lydia Leach reg Cheltenham Jul/Sept 1888 Vol 6a Page 651

Cheers Jeremy

gibson

Default Lock

im looking for when william Locke died and when he got married and married who,and if had any childeren,thank jeeb
    Sharon

gibson

can anybody help me find Osborne Locke,born abt 1884 Bourton-ON-The-Water ,1891 census living with Robert Locke(uncle) and Lydia Gloucestershire,he has seem to vanish after 1891

Coromandel

I hoped that finding out where he came from might help discover where he went to.

There's no obvious birth registration for him as Osborne Locke. The 1891 census index on FamilySearch gives him as Osborne B. Locke. With such an unusual first name it's worth searching FreeBMD without putting in a surname . . . . which led me to an Osborne Bertie L. Talbot whose birth was registered third quarter of 1883, Stow on W. registration district. 'L' for Locke, maybe?

If you search the 1911 census for Osborne Talbot you may find your missing person.

Coromandel

I may be barking up the wrong tree, though. There is an Osbourne Lenard Talbot who married in the Westbury S. district in Q3 1907. On the same page is an Edith May Sansom. This would seem to fit with the Osborne Talbot I found in 1911, who had a wife Edith and said he'd been married 3 years. Now I'm not so sure he is the same person as your Osborne Locke. (His birthplace is shown as Bourton on the Water, though.)

Reputation beyond repute

im looking for when william Locke died and when he got married and married who,and if had any childeren
    First find him in the 1911 census and find out if he was married or not. Search the GRO marriage indexes (if he was unmarried in 1911, you should search for William R Locke, initially in the same registration district as he was in in 1911).

Order the certificate with the usual caveats.

Search the GRO birth indexes for LOCKE births with mother's maiden name as found in the marriage.

Continue searching the indexes (including deaths & marriages) using the information you've already found.

Most of this is currently free.

Coromandel

Interestingly, an Arthur or Auther Talbot (also born Bourton on the Water) turns up in the same area as Osborne Talbot. Now according to a Leech family website, Arthur Frank Talbot was the son of Charles William Talbot and Elizabeth Ann Leach (who was the sister of the Lydia Leach/Leech who married Robert Locke). Charles William Talbot died in 1889 and in 1891 widowed Elizabeth Talbot was away in service, explaining why the children are with relatives.

https://www.
    leechfamily.eclipse.co.uk/f165.htm

This site doesn't mention Osborne Talbot, but as he's shown as a nephew of Robert & Lydia in 1891, it seems likely he was the brother of Arthur Frank Talbot. Perhaps it was just down to an enumerator's error that he is listed as Locke on the 1891 census? (The 'L' in his name probably stands for Leonard not Locke.)

P.S. The death of Osborne L. B. Talbot (estimated birth year 1883) was registered in Oxfordshire in 1961. I can't see which registration district as I don't have a subscription to Ancestry.

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Coromandel View Post
    Interestingly, an Arthur or Auther Talbot (also born Bourton on the Water) turns up in the same area as Osborne Talbot. Now according to a Leech family website, Arthur Frank Talbot was the son of Charles William Talbot and Elizabeth Ann Leach (who was the sister of the Lydia Leach/Leech who married Robert Locke). Charles William Talbot died in 1889 and in 1891 widowed Elizabeth Talbot was away in service, explaining why the children are with relatives.

https://www.
    leechfamily.eclipse.co.uk/f165.htm

This site doesn't mention Osborne Talbot, but as he's shown as a nephew of Robert & Lydia in 1891, it seems likely he was the brother of Arthur Frank Talbot. Perhaps it was just down to an enumerator's error that he is listed as Locke on the 1891 census? (The 'L' in his name probably stands for Leonard not Locke.)

P.S. The death of Osborne L. B. Talbot (estimated birth year 1883) was registered in Oxfordshire in 1961. I can't see which registration district as I don't have a subscription to Ancestry.
    Possibly, Oxford R.D vol. 6b page 1061

gibson

i want to say thank you all for explaining about Osborne i would of never found that info,i`ve been looking for him for 8yrs,so thank you all Sharon