Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Valued member of Brit-Gen

Default Eynsham

The family are in 1851

John Jeffrey born 1814 Eynsham (or Ensham)
    Martha 1811 Northmoor
    William 1836 Eynsham
    Fanny 1838 Eynsham
    Edward 1842 Eynsham

IGI gives John's birth and a possible marriage of 1835 it gives the mothers maiden name as Walker, so it looks like someone got a birth certificate but still not found the marriage as no date.

Remember she may have been married before or born out of wedlock and using her mother maiden name. One of ours on a birth certificate her maiden name Blake and names her father as John Blake on her marriage certificate but she was born 2 months before their wedding so she was married under the mothers maiden name of Churcher. Very confusing.

Irene

sally

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffers
    I see that the 1861 census RG9/904 f8 p10 shows Edward in Acre End Street, Eymsham
    Hi Lindylou

I took a couple of photos of Acre End Street when visiting Eynsham a couple of weeks ago. You do not have your email address available but if you would like these photos click on 'Sally' at the top left of this posting & a drop down menu will give a link to my email address.

Sally

sally

Default Thanks for your help Geoffers

I have written to Geoffers privately since my return from Eynsham but would just like to thank him publicly for all the help he gave me to make my trip successful. If I have had any questions about my ancestors in or around Eynsham he has always been willing to share his knowledge.
    So "Thank You Geoffers for all your help".

Regards
    Sally

lindylou270

Smile thanks

thank you idredge for the information you sent i very much appricate it as i am not able to get to oxford at the moment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12