Thread: Epton Family

A fountain of knowledge.

Talking Epton Family

oooh, all of them. Everywhere, all the time.

My own line firmly in Lincolnshire, and Epton is a Lincs surname. Traced my family back to 1500, always looking for new info, and leads which may connect up new people. Have a lot of Epton info, and very happy to share.

sheila51

Default epton

Hi my aunt eunice theaker married a harold epton some time in the 40,s they came from around the belton area i n lincs

A fountain of knowledge.

That rings a bell.... unfortunatly have to get ready for work. Will get back to you later

A fountain of knowledge.

Harold Epton married Eunice Theaker in 1954 in the district of Scunthorpe.

Now an Eva Epton also married a Theaker in 1947 in the district of Goole.

I havent got a record of a "worked out" Harold Epton & Eunice Theaker, unfortunatly, but am willing to work on that

Eva Epton who married another Theaker in Goole, was the daughter of Henry Epton and his wife (nee Ford). henry was born in 1885 at Goole, and was the son of John Epton b.1843 Wainfleet and his wife Elizabeth Dean. They were married in 1875 at Goole.

Do you know if theres any family connection on the Theaker side? (Cos Im pretty sure there is on the Epton side! - I just cant work on it right now, as I shall have to go to work soon).

sheila51

Default epton

will ask my mum as its her sister i,m doing the theaker tree so will look for the others

A fountain of knowledge.

Harold Epton b.01.09.1926 died April 1996 aged 69. North Lincs Dist GRO index.

However, according to my little list of Epton Extracts from the GRO, Harold Eptons birth was listed in Dec Qtr 1925. He is the son of James T Epton and mothers maiden name is Hinds. The birth was reg. in Goole.

It would appear this is your Harold, not least of all because he would be a cousin of the above mentioned Eva Epton who also married a Theaker.
    Evas father Henry and James Thomas being brothers both born at Goole in 1885 and 1899 respectively.
    They were both sons of John Epton b.1843 Wainfleet, who married Elizabeth Dean in 1875 at Goole.
    John Epton was the son of James Epton b.1806 Wainfleet, and Ann Ward b.1814 langton. They married 1835 at Edenham.
    James Epton was the son of Thomas Epton b.1767 Wainfleet, and Sarah Lamiman. They married in 1798 at Wainfleet.
    Thomas is the son of Thomas Epton b.circa 1733 who married a Widow, Rebekah Hanson, in 1762 at Wainfleet. Thereafter, the line goes cold.