Mary Young

Default Was this photo taken in KINGHORN?

Where was this photo taken (dated early 1920s)?
    The family were at Viewforth Place and Burt Avenue, KINGHORN, before moving to Bonnyrigg and finally to Edinburgh.
    https://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...Lewis_1_50.jpg
    Last edited by Mary Young; 20-08-2006 at 7:14 PM.

Default Photo taken in Kinghorn ?

Interesting Photo Mary.

Chap with the collar and tie, but wearing wellies, is odd in intself, however, he also appears to have a mobile phone attached to his fob watch chain :-)

Cheers..Ed

Mary Young

Quote Originally Posted by Ed McKie
    Chap with the collar and tie, but wearing wellies, is odd in intself, however, he also appears to have a mobile phone attached to his fob watch chain :-)
    Hello Ed
    The older man might be my Glasgow grandfather, JOHN LEWIS, visiting his son's family. He was always "well-dressed" which in those days meant collar and tie, waistcoat, watch and chain. Grandfather smoked a pipe, maybe a box of matches in pocket. Suspect he'd put on the wellies to help with digging the tatties. My dad (on left) had two artificial legs and although a keen gardener found digging very difficult.
    Alternatively, it might be dad's father-in-law, ROBERT BEATSON, who lived in Kinghorn.

gszparman

Default think..

Quote Originally Posted by Ed McKie View Post
    Interesting Photo Mary.

Cheers..Ed
    think its a pack of tabacco!

Mary Young

Quote Originally Posted by gszparman View Post
    think its a pack of tabacco!
    That could be right! My grandparents were both addicted pipe smokers; he smoked a regular wooden pipe, my gran used a clay.