Thread: Hulse family

Fairpins

Default Hulse family

Hello! I am new to this forum so please be patient with me!

I'm looking for the death of a Thomas Hulse in Market Drayton. I know he married in 1753 and had his last child in 1761. I am also trying to establish if his wife was Elizabeth Hazeldine or Sarah Bettinson.

I am also generally interested in the name Hulse in the parish of Rodington between 1778-1870.

Any help will be gratefully received!!

Thanks Fairpins

Lottie

Default Hulse family

Fairpins

Have located this on Ancestry's Parish and Probate Records , but does not give where the parties were from !

Shropshire: Edgmond, Tibberton, Waters Upton, Great Bolas, Eaton Constantine - Parish Registers, Lichfield Diocese Marriages. Volume 2. This Register Book for Edgmond, Bought in the year of Our Lord 1719, by Francis Adams and William Carter. County: Shropshire Country: England 13 Aug 1753 Thomas Hulse, of [blank], & Elizabeth Hazeldine, of [blank] mar.

Also this burial in WEM!
    The Register For The Parish Of Wem Beginning Anno Dom. 1746. County: Shropshire Country: England 01 Apr 1767 Thos. Hulse, of this town bur.

Happy Hunting

Lottie
    New Zealand

Fairpins

Red face Hulse family

Dear Lottie- thank you for looking!

I too have come across that one and always believed that this was correct. Then... a couple of years ago I came across Thomas Hulse marrying a Sarah Bettinson (or Bethson) in Sept 1753 in Woore, Muckleston. This parish is right on the Staffs/Shropshire border and very close to Market Drayton.

One of his children was called Sarah too so I'm leaning towards Sarah B being his wife!

I went to the parish records but they are really hard to read!!

Thanks anyway!

If I can be of any help to you, just ask!!

Thanks

FP