Julie Tyrell

Default Toledo Ohio, death look-up please (HAMMOND)

Hi all

I am not even sure if my request is possible. I am trying to confirm that this Thomas HAMMOND is my ancestor, can anyone access the death records or let me know how I can.

Lucas County, Toledo Ohio Death Index, 1894 - 1897 Record

Given Name: THOMAS
    Surname: HAMMOND
    Death Date: 03 NOV 1897
    Page #: 73

Thanks Julie

Geoffers

American records are sadly not as organised as the lieks of the GRO.

You might try the American equivalent of GENUKI, it's called USGENWEB. The URL is https://www.usgenweb.org/

You should find links through to states and then counties within states. The amount of information on different sites varies greatly, but you might be lucky and find a burial record or transcript of an obituary.

Geoffers

PS I must add a footnote in praise of Tim Stowell who maintains the pages for Madison County, New York (in addition to others) and has provided masses of useful information.

Julie Tyrell

Thanks Geoffers I will have a hunt,

Julie

cathycox

Default RE: Toledo Ohio death Lookup please

Hi Julie,
    I have found Random Acts of Kindness very helpful in my Ohio research.

Best Wishes

Cathy

Leander

Hi Julie,

If you can give a bit more background info we may be able to trace your Thomas Hammond.

I do not live in Ohio, so I cannot hop in the car and drive to the various places where these records are available; but perhaps we can help you narrow things down a bit better if we knew the names of Thomas' parents, Thomas' approximate year of birth, and approximately when Thomas and/or his ancestors came to the USA. Of course, any additional information would be helpful.

If you haven't already stumbled across rootsweb, check out the discussions on the Hammond boards there (they are searchable)

Cheers!

Deb