Delli

Default New to Forum; Gunning

I'm researching the name of GUNNING/NEWBEGIN/Warne. Ada GUNNING married Edward NEWBEGIN in the 1870s. Her father Thomas GUNNING (a travelling stationer)married Lucy WARNE. Lucy was a professor of music...i don't know if this simply meant that she taught private lessons or was actually a "professor". If anyone has any links to these names I would love to hear from you.
    Thanks
    Delli
    Barham NSW Australia

emmabines

Hi,

I'm also researching the Gunning surname. MY grandmother was Ada Gunning, born 1913 in Bombay, India as her father was in the army they finally settled in London. Her father was Robert Gunning who married Louisa Sharp in 1903 in Malta. He died in 1954 in Kensington, London.

Robert Gunning was born in East India in 1874/75. His father was also called Robert.

Regards
    Emma

zeno

One of my ancestors John Stevenson of Cliffe at Hoo, Kent married Eleanor Gunning from Snodland, Kent in 1736 www.snodlandhistory.org.uk

Reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Delli View Post
    Lucy was a professor of music...i don't know if this simply meant that she taught private lessons or was actually a "professor".
    The former.

zeno

Default Gunning

I don't know if this'll help either of you that are searching for links to Gunning, but I came across this today.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland...gunnings.shtml
    it may be of some use or not.

newbegin

Default Newbegin Tree

Our common ancestor would be William Newbegin b. 14 Apr 1757 in Norwich, Norfolk, married Mary Smith. My tree branches off from his son, Edward b. 21 Jan 1794. Your branches from James b. 9 Oct 1791 married Susanna Davison 3 Nov 1816. Howdy, cousin!

Procat

Hi newbegin,

Delli has not visited the forum since 2006 so it is possible your post may not be seen.

newbegin

Default Ah

Alas...