Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Brick wall demolition expert! ChristineR's Avatar

If you get a copy of your own birth certificate (full) or a copy of your parents marriage you should be able to confirm your father's birthplace.

Christine

Omega

Default Hi Christine

I've got a full birth cirtificate but didn't think to look at it. I'll dig it out tomorrow and look. It is a bit like not seeing the forrest for the trees, you don't think of the simple. Thats my excuse and I am sticking to it. lol

Thank you... Deirdre

Omega

Question Hi Christine

Hi Christine

Dad wasn't real helpful - when I found my b/certificate his birth place was listed England. I wonder how many others got away with that and now make it difficult for future generations.....I accidently posted on Isle of Man and a Jo Simpson was very polite in suggesting I try elsewhere LOL but she did find a marriage record for Arthur Churchill & Phyllis Louise Taylor and by using the link I found the record for Arthur Palmer Bateman & Mary Churchill . the link if you haven't got it is

https://freebmd.rootsweb.com/

well that hasn't come up right that is the correct wording though as I copied it from one message to another.

Well where I am at the moment is gro wont let me in to find out how much certificates are in Australian dollars you wouldn't the going price at the now would you?

Catch you later

Deirdre

Omega

Smile Hi Christine

Hi Christine

I got the cost for gro will follow through there. Thank you for your help.
    Deirdre

Hi Deirdre
    sorry missed your post - our dollar has just gone up a bit, so a certificate from GRO will convert better now! They usually work out somewhere between 25 and 30 Aussie dollars.

Good Luck
    Christine

Omega

Question any emigration dates for Bateman Family

Have worked out that my family would have travelled from Britian as Bateman and only the boys would have had the Churchill- added to the Bateman on arrival in Australia. I don't know where Lesley was born he was the youngest but my dad Kenneth David was born in London re his Army records he only put England on my birthcertificate. Help with the emigration dates would be appreciated as I have hit a wall in Australia.

Thank you

Deirdre

Omega

Question from Les Bateman thread

Hi Christine

Here we go again.

Using Leslie's birth year 1920 and working on dad being here for all his schooling we would logically be looking at an emmigration date of 1921/22 can this be verified?

Deirdre

Omega

Smile Please note changes

Hi everyone

I have changed the original posting to all the updated info. I still need blanks filled in but I do need EMMIGRATION AND IMMIGRATION DATES PLEASE.

Thank you for all your interest, time and effort and all the help and advice it has all been appreciated and fruitful.

Thank you

Deirdre

Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    Hi Christine

Here we go again.

Using Leslie's birth year 1920 and working on dad being here for all his schooling we would logically be looking at an emmigration date of 1921/22 can this be verified?

Deirdre
    Hi Deidre,

How do you know that your dad went to school in Australia? Maybe he came here not long before he married? Just curious.

Christine

Omega

Talking Good Question

Mum told me.

I've got two photos of dad that mum said were taken in Sydney not long after they arrived - I new I had them but I didn't know where they were taken. I'll see if I can get them to you.

Deirdre
    Last edited by Omega; 17-08-2006 at 1:43 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast