Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tracing cousins

Reputation beyond repute

"I'm blowed if I can see him in the 1941 births"

Perhaps the details (the GRO reference) will be forthcoming so that we can get to the bottom of this little mystery.

Annie

being nosey I had to have a go too, think this may be the one

Peter J Markley Mother's maiden name Burrows Birmingham 6d 293 Jun 1942

Reputation beyond repute

Well. that certainly seems to correspond to part of what we were told although the questioner specifically said 1941 and that there was no second initial.

Perhaps we'll find out in due course.

SBSFamilyhistory

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey
    Well. that certainly seems to correspond to part of what we were told although the questioner specifically said 1941 and that there was no second initial.

Perhaps we'll find out in due course.

I was told he had no second initial by my mother, but she could have been mistaken, afterall something you could not possibly have known, my father did tell his sister, Peter's mother, he never wanted to see her again in about 1952, hence the reason I have never met any of these people, and to his due he never did, she died in 1993 and him in 2001 and so when she died, it had been over 40 years since they fell out.

For Peter's birth I also used information supplied by my mum. It was ages ago I looked him up so it could have been 1942 where I found him, I know it took me several days to find him.

Annie

a quick look on 192.com brought up 2 Peter J Markley on the current electoral roll
    A search on 1837 living relatives might give you the location

Reputation beyond repute

Well, look on it as part of the learning curve - the value of accurate and precise information.

The historical electoral registers show

1. A Peter J Markley in DY11 with an Anne C Markley

2. A Peter J Markley in SN3 together with a Margaret E Markley.

There is of course no indication of age. If you're prepared to search the GRO indexes for his marriage, it might be possible to take the investigation further.

Over to you.

SBSFamilyhistory

Wink

Thank you all, this is now making me scared, the DY post code is promising, but who knows he may have moved to the Swindon area, which given I am in Gloucestershire is quite funny, but then I wasn't born in the west midlands. It gives me lots to look at

Thanks XXX (((All ))))

SBSFamilyhistory

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    being nosey I had to have a go too, think this may be the one

Peter J Markley Mother's maiden name Burrows Birmingham 6d 293 Jun 1942

Hi Annie,

from what I have found out in the last few days this was Peter, perhaps I should have continued the search but I have been told that he died on 28 July this year and that is funeral was in staffordshire on 12 August. I have asked the source for information about mary but that was only late last night and I have notyet had a response. He married in 1963 and had three children and split up from his wife in 1969 Sue

PS Mary died about 4 years ago. Peter lived in Burnwood Staffordshire but I don't think he remarried. I will try and find information about his children and ex wife if she is still alive.

Sue
    Last edited by SBSFamilyhistory; 03-09-2008 at 8:45 AM. Reason: add PS

SBSFamilyhistory

I have in the last few days made contact with Pater's ex wife. I may meet her, if I am not working, when she goes to the midlands to see two of her children.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12