Default Anyone visiting Ford Park Cemetery?

If anyone would like to locate a grave in this cemetery, some New Zealand descendants would be grateful.

We have a photo brought to New Zealand by my great grandmother almost a century ago. It is of three children standing by a grave in Ford Park Cemetery, Plymouth, and judging from their clothing, the photo could date from 1870-1900. There are four names on the headstone. Only the first two are readable, and they are Francis Selleck Glanvill and Sally Glanvill Piddington.

We would very much like to know
    *if the stone is still in existence, and
    *what wording is on it.

I have a hunch that it is a family burial plot for children.
    We know Francis SG was born and died in 1849, so this grave would be in the oldest part of the cemetery which had opened just a couple of years before.

NB There is another headstone in the same cemetery for Francis Selleck Glanvill who died in 1861 and who is buried with Kings (his daughter and son-in-law). This is not the stone we are after. We believe this FSG was the father of the dead baby in the older grave.

Hoping someone can help,

Dale in New Zealand

suedent

If your problem has been solved then I apologise.

Ford Park Cemetery Records are held by Ford Park Cemetery Trust, there are details on the Devon FHS pages.

You can also request a print out of all Glanvill burials in the cemetery from Devon FHS. The cost is 1p per entry and a minimum charge of £3.

Thank you Sue.

After 2 years of silence, someone messaged me ten days ago to offer help - but they have not replied to my message in response.

If you're reading this, Graham, I'd love to take up your offer. Please get in touch again.

Thank you,

Dale

rosieposie

Thumbs up Ford Park Cemetery

I have just received print outs from DFHS of my ancestors buried in Ford Park. I hope when the weather turns warmer to visit. If in the meantime you get printouts I could search for you when I go there. PS I live in Crnwall UK

rayrussell2000u

Default Ford Park Cemetery Grave

I am currently researching my family history. I reciently found out that my great great great grandfather Pietro Agazzi was born in Italy and came over to plymouth and settled here. He was born in 1851 in Italy and died in 1903 in Plymouth at the address of 2 Devonshire Lane.

I would like to know if he would have been buried or not? I'm not sure whether at that time cremation was around.

Do you think that Ford Park would have been the most likely place where he was buried and if so how can I go about finding his grave?

I would very much appreciate your help as it means a lot to me.

scottphillips2

Follow up question on Ford Park Cemetery. On the printout I received from the Devon FHS (great folks I might add and a worthwhile membership) it lists this for my ancestor: Mode: Walled, Sect B, No 031, Row 007, Grnd Church.

Can anyone give me a help with the 'code'.

Thanks!

Scott

DOB7

It means:
    Walled, Sect B, No 031, Row 007, Grnd Church
    In the walled area of the cemetery, section B grave 31, row 7 in Church (consecrated) ground.
    See https://www.
    ford-park-cemetery.org/