Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

pippycat

Dave

You have now linked us back to the 1st page in your posting - was that a mistake?

- or perhaps a gentle hint that you are after info on Norah when she was back in Ireland

Rebecca

Starting to feel at home

Hi Rebecca, i linked it back, to the first page to make it easier for the forum , to use my first hyperlink to the certificates,
    after my failed attempts , at least i know that one works. ha ha

pippycat

Dave

I had another look at Norah's death cert - whoever registered her death didn't seem to know too much about her, other than she was born Co Clare and lived in Victoria for 50 years.

- under the column "If Deceased was Married"
    written is: 'Widow, other particulars not known' and 'Issue, 1 son, other particulars not known'

So this should go some way to explaining the discrepancy in her age being out (when compared to the age given on her daughters birth cert)

It also appears there were no family members as Witness to the Burial?
    Only 2 names are listed:
    ME Flowers? who was probably the Clergy, as same name appears on many burials.
    TW Jones? - if you don't recognise this name Dave, then might I suggest it could be someone from Undertaker's Office (of the same name) who may have stayed on to witness the burial.
    Only guessing!

I have been looking to find Co Clare records - one site stated there were 47 parishes in Co Clare.
    That is going to be some needle in a giant haystack..but maybe not impossible with Norah's father being named Cornelious.

I've a feeling we will need to find Cornelious Clune before we get to Hanora/Norah...as it will maybe help narrow down some of the many possible parishes for Norah's birth.

This is a link to Co Clare Tithe Applotment Books, mentions Clune surname, see what you think.

https://www.clarelibrary.ie/eolas/coc...apToCollis.htm

There will be others in different areas I'm sure, but you have to start somewhere

Rebecca

Starting to feel at home

Smile

Thank you Rebecca, for all your assistance, it is appreciated immensely,
    I wlil start looking in the link you have posted.
    I am also going to purchase , Norah's Daughter's Marriage certificate, fingers crossed, it may have some further information in it,
    I had this cert some years back ,but i have LOST it, in my travels (grr lol)
    kind regards dave

Nicolina

there are 3 references to Cornelius Clune in Griffiths Valuation (2 in Quin & 1 in Clonlea) also 2 in The William Smith O'Brien Petition 1848. Images are avaiable.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123