Fiona67

Default Edward Parnell Pritchard

Hi
    I hope someone can help. I am looking for Edward Parnell Pritchard b about 1802 maybe in Kingswood. He married Sophia (Salter?) who was b about 1801. Sorry about the vagueness, don't know too much else......Sophia might have been born in Gloucestershire so I might even be in the wrong place

regards
    Fiona

Pat English

Default Kingswood

I think you may be in the wrong place.

There are two Kingswoods in Gloucestershire, a small one near Wotton-under-edge and a more famous one (I would say) in Bristol. I have ancestors who were miners from Kingswood in Bristol who moved to the Welsh mines.

If you have mining connections there's a good Kingswood web.

I can't find your Pritchards in the 1841/51 English (or Welsh) census at the moment. But remember that it's a Welsh surname, so they could have connections in Wales.

Hope this doesn't confuse you further.

Pat
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiona67
    Hi
    I hope someone can help. I am looking for Edward Parnell Pritchard b about 1802 maybe in Kingswood. He married Sophia (Salter?) who was b about 1801. Sorry about the vagueness, don't know too much else......Sophia might have been born in Gloucestershire so I might even be in the wrong place

regards
    Fiona

Fiona67

Hi Pat
    I think you are right, the IGI (where I found his dob) list it as Kingswood By Wotton Under Edge Wiltshire and I'm in Australia so I believed it so thank you for steering me in the right direction. It looks like they might have been in Australia earlier than I thought.

Cheers
    Fiona

iwilkey

Fiona
    An Edward Parnell Pritchard married Maria Russell in Sydney in 1882. He died in Sydney in 1952 aged 89. Pritchard appears to have been born in 1862 son of Samuel and Mary. I have no idea if he had any connection with the Edward Parnell Pritchard of interest to.