shasfern

Default Corroway/Corrway surname????

I'm looking for information regarding my Gr Grandmother, born Dublin 1903 by the name of Annie Josephine Corrway or Corroway. Despite extensive searching I can find no name even similar. Yet it is stated on her 3 childrens birth certificates as one of the above - anyone have any suggestions? She died 1930 in Newark Nottinghamshire having married Bertie Austus Ball in 1922.
    Sharon

Loves to help with queries

One thought I had -is the name possibly Conway with the n being misread as rr?

Alternatively if you look up Corroway on the Irish Times surname site at
    https://scripts.ireland.com/ancestor/...rroway&UserID=
    it shows 3 Corroway families in the Dublin area in the Griffiths Valuation 1848-64.

Regards
    Jill

shasfern

Smile Corroway

Cheers Jill. Have researched the possibility of the name being Conway but found no leads. Also it is down as Corroway or Corrway on 3 different birth certificates. Had not found the site where you have identified the name so will follow that up. Many thanks,
    Sharon.

JASCORR

Quote Originally Posted by shasfern
    Cheers Jill. Have researched the possibility of the name being Conway but found no leads. Also it is down as Corroway or Corrway on 3 different birth certificates. Had not found the site where you have identified the name so will follow that up. Many thanks,
    Sharon.
    Corrway is a very rare name in ireland but there is a few of us.Your best bet is to search around maynooth Co.Kildare which is near dublin

shasfern

Wink Corrway

I had given up hope of ever hearing from one!!!! many thanks for your advice -
    Sharon

Any further advice would be really appreciated.

[email protected]