Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Aston Parish Records Lookup?

If anybody has access to Aston Parish records, I am trying to find a marriage entry for Harriet (or Harriot) Deeman and George Rowley in 1849 (GRO ref Aston / 16 / 263)
    I need to find out who Harriet's parents were

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

Tony

Knowledgeable and helpful

Default Aston Parish Records

Hi Tony,

The Parish records may only have witnesses (these may or may not be related to the person being married) and as this was after cicil registration the civil records may be of assistance.

I've had a look in the IGI and found these entries that may be of assistance.

George Rowland m Harriet Deeman 15 Apr 1849 Aston Juxta, Birmingham, Warwick.

There is a christening for a Harriot Deeman 27 Sep 1829 Castle Bromwich, Warwick parents Thomas Deeman and Mary.

There is a marriage for a Thomas Deeman to Mary Taylor 27 Oct 1828 Aston Juxta, Birmingham, Warwick.

There is also a Harriet Deeman Christened 14 MAY 1833 Nuneaton, Warwick, England parents Henry Deeman and Miliscent

There is a marriage for Henry Deeman to Milley Bolton 06 DEC 1819 Nuneaton, Warwick, England

I'm not sure if you have this info but thought it may help.

Have you looked in the 1851 Census to see if they are in it because if she is it should have her place of birth and age.

Kind Regards,

Wayne Cook
    NSW Australia
    Last edited by Wayne Cook; 27-07-2006 at 2:28 AM. Reason: additional research suggestion

Thumbs up Aston Parish Records

Hi Wayne

Many thanks for your reply, I already have some of the information, but you have dug out some new stuff for me to ponder over.

My reason for the post is that I currently have 2 people, Harriot and Harriet found on the census and IGI, which appear to be cousin and aunt, (according to IGI their parents are different) but they were born within 2 years of each other. I am trying to discover whether they are the same person as I can only trace one of them through to death. the other one disappears.

I guess I will have to pay for the certificate!!

Regards

Tony LD

Tony,

If you know the children of the George and Harriot/Harriet that you are looking for, is this family also in the 1861 census? as this may help you sort out which one is the one you are after where she was born and and who her parents are.

Kind Regards,

Wayne Cook

Default Harriet Rowley ........

Hi

I have records for Harriet in the 1841 census, but relationships are not indicated so it is difficult to see who the parents were as it appears that 3 generations are living in the same house.

DEEMAN Elizabeth 67
    DEEMAN Thomas 35
    DEEMAN Mary 35
    DEEMAN Harriott 12
    DEEMAN Thomas 10
    DEEMAN Mary 3

I have the Marriage in 1849 to George Rowley

In 1851 I can find

Thomas Deeman abt 1807 44 Aston
    Mary Deeman abt 1806 45 Sutton Coldfield
    Mary Deeman abt 1838 13 Aston
    Emma Deeman abt 1846 5 Aston

I cannot find the Rowley family anywhere in 1851

In 1861 I have the Rowley family

Emma Deeman abt 1846 15 Castle Bromwich Niece
    George Rowley abt 1826 35 Castle Bromwich Head
    Harriet Rowley abt 1827 34 Castle Bromwich Wife
    Mary Ann Rowley abt 1850 11 Castle Bromwich Daughter
    Isabella Rowley abt 1856 5 Castle Bromwich Daughter
    Rosamund Rowley abt 1860 1 Walsall Daughter

Source Citation: Class: RG9; Piece: 2013; Folio: 133; Page: 32;

This is where the confusion started and it may be a simple enumerators error. Emma Deeman is living as Niece to Harriet and George, indicating that Harriet was her Aunt, but her date and place of birth would indicate that Emma's parents were Thomas and Mary, making Emma and Harriet sisters.

Have you access to 1851 census? can you try and find the Rowley family? I have spent the best part of 2 hours searching

Regards

Tony LD

Have you considered that Emma may actually be Harriets daughter but was registered as having parents Thomas and Mary because it was 3-4years before George and Harriet married, she then lived with George and Harriet as a "cousin" after they married.

From the info you have supplied I say Thomas and Mary in my list above are Harriet/Harriot's parents.

Kind Regards,

Wayne Cook

SBSFamilyhistory

View Record Elizabeth Deeman abt 1774 Warwickshire, England Aston Warwickshire
    View Record Harriott Deeman abt 1829 Warwickshire, England Aston Warwickshire
    View Record Mary Deeman abt 1806 Warwickshire, England Aston Warwickshire
    View Record Mary Deeman abt 1838 Warwickshire, England Aston Warwickshire
    View Record Thomas Deeman abt 1806 Warwickshire, England Aston Warwickshire
    View Record Thomas Deeman abt 1831 Warwickshire, England Aston Warwickshire

Default Emma and Harriet

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Cook
    Have you considered that Emma may actually be Harriets daughter but was registered as having parents Thomas and Mary because it was 3-4years before George and Harriet married, she then lived with George and Harriet as a "cousin" after they married.
    That's an interesting suggestion, Emma was born in 1846 and Harriet (ot) was born in 1829, so it is feasible I suppose.

It would explain why one Harriet disappeared.

Regards

Tony

Default re: Emma and Harriet (ot)

I can see how what I said can put forward a possible new look on Emma's relationship to Harriet (ot) but not how it explains why one Harriet (ot) disappeared as both the Harriet (ot) 's have different parents one is Thomas and Mary, the other is Henry and Miliscent (possibly Milley) and they were born a couple of years apart and in different places.

Kind Regards,

Wayne Cook

SBSFamilyhistory

Emma Derman 15
    George Rowley 35
    Harriet Rowley 34
    Isahilla Rowley 5
    Mary Ann Rowley 11
    Rosamond Rowley 1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast