sircher

Default Robbins-Auchterader

In trying to trace my grandfather's line I have hit a brick wall. I am now looking for my cousin Helen, nee Robbins (b. Auchterader) whose father (my uncle) is Peter Henry Robbins (b. London), her mother was called Mary. There is a possibility that she may have heard some detail or other from her father that may help, or some different angle on grandad's childhood. My own father passed away before I started this, so I can't ask him to clarify anything.

Wirral

Have you tried GenesReunited or the local newspaper as you are looking for someone still living? We are mostly looking for "dead dudes"! If you get really stuck, then email me via this forum. Guess where my father-in-law lives?

sircher

Default Robbins- Auchterader

Thanks for reply Wirral. My daughter has posted on Genes, I posted here just in case my cousin or her kids might have decided to do some research! Helen and I never had very much contact, we only met twice. So I am reluctant to come on 'too strong' by advertising in papers etc. As far as I know Helen moved to Arbroath after her marriage (which must be getting on for 30 yrs ago) I don't know her married name but her husband was called Kevin (only remember that because mine is also Kevin). I don't think she had much contact with any of the London family at all. So she may know even less than I do, but as I say I'm desperate. I last heard about 2 years ago that Uncle Peter (We called him Harry) was in a nursing home (I believe in Arbroath) he would be about 95 now.
    Our Grandad was 'supposed' to have been in a Barnardo's home for at least some of his childhood - he wasn't nor NCH. No birth registered that matches details we have. It has been suggested by other researchers that maybe grandad was not actually a Robbins. If this is the case I may never know. Oddly I have a Robins X4 grandmother on a branch of my mothers tree that I never knew about, so I comfort myself with the idea I am still a Robbins, of sorts!
    Susan