josal

Default Sharpley family - Lower Crossings

I am trying to find the birthplaces of my gg grandparents, Robert SHARPLEY and wife Maria (nee WOODHOUSE). They married on 1 October 1850 at Chapel en le Frith and gave their address as Lower Crossings - Robert's father is John SHARPLEY and Maria's father is Thomas WOODHOUSE.

I have Roberts death certificate from 1871 which gives his age as 53 but I have been unable to find his place of birth so far. I'm hoping SKP with access to the 1851 census for Lower Crossings district can locate this family for me. They could be entered as SHARPLES on census. TIA

Dear josal,

Is this the same Robert SHARPLEY as the one who was living in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire in 1871, husband of Maria and father to Joseph, Elizabeth, Edward and Thomas, and who died in the Mansfield Regn District in the Dec Qtr 1871? If so, then he is shown in the 1871 census record as having been born in Salterford, Cheshire. I guess this is where you should be looking next!

josal

Default Robert Sharpley - 1871 census

Brett - Thank you so much for this information, you have broken my brick wall !

Yes, this is the same Robert Sharpley - I had suspicions that he was born in the Saltersford area but no confirmation up to now.

Thanks again - regards, Joan