haylierose

Question godharz rose liverpool-australia

im looking for crew lists not passenger list for the ship rockampton 13 october 1863 from liverpool to queensland .
    Ive looked every where for the ship as i wish to also know who owned it but apparently it does not exist could australian shipping records have got the name wrong?

Wirral

Was 13 October 1863 the date when the ship left Liverpool or when it arrived in Queensland? Liverpool papers have names & owners of the ships arriving & leaving Liverpool. However, they do not have passenger lists.

haylierose

that was the day it arrived in australia june 18th of 1863 was the date they belive it left liverpool.

HelenVSmith

Hi

The ships list should be at the Queensland State Archives. There will be a list of passengers and usually there is also a list of crew. You need to check the card index for ships to determine what is available.

Helen

haylierose

i have the passenger list im more intrested about the crew and the people who owened the ship

HelenVSmith

Hi

Yes but did you look to see if there was also the crew list there? As I said you have to look in a different card index under ships (only available as far as I know at the Queensland State Archives). Always worth looking in as that is also where the Surgeon's report will be listed and this records accidents, illnesses etc to passengers and crew and gives a bit of info about the voyage.

Also I haven't forgotten the lookup but my microfiche bulb has blown and the supplier tells me I have a three week plus wait for the replacement.

%es). Always worth looking in as that is also where the Surgeon's report will be listed and this records accidents, illnesses etc to passengers and crew and gives a bit of info about the voyage.</P>
    Also I haven't forgotten the lookup but my microfiche bulb has blown and the supplier tells me I have a three week plus wait for the replacement.

Regards
    Helen