Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by pollymusic
    Peter, I take it that this is a new publication.
    Don't think so. There's a copy in the SoG library. Try the Somerset & Dorset FHS. I don't know where you are geographically. Bet Dorset CRO have a copy.

If you have trouble locating a copy, don't forget inter-library loans.

Starting to feel at home

I am in Bucks. The inter library loan sounds the best bet. Thanks again

Pauline

Maggie Smith

Smile Herrison Hospital

Hello Everyone

I'm new to this site and have been reading the interesting posts about Herrison Hospital.

I have a relative who died in Herrison Hospital in this hospital on the 2nd March 1978. I have a copy of her death certificate which gives her usual address also as Herrison Hospital. She was a widow and I think she was living alone.

Does anyone have any idea where she may have been buried, if, as I suspect, the hospital arranged the buriel.

Many thanks - Maggie

Reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Smith View Post
    ...the hospital arranged the burial.
    Disposal of a body is the duty of the executor or administrator. If there really was nobody to do it (in practice we're probably talking about anyone with a claim on her assets), the responsibility would fall to the local authority. These are the people you should contact.

fordington

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Karen View Post
    Hello,

did you have muck luck in your search about Herrison? Do you know wher your relative was buried? My Nan died at Herrison at the age of 40 in 1962 and we have been trying to locate her grave. We were initially told that she was buried within the grounds of the hospital near the chapel (which has now been developed and there is a car park over some of the graves) but then found out that she is in actual fact in a proper cemetery in a near by village. If you need anymore help in searching or need a nudge in the right direction, let me know as we have loads of info....

Ka
    Hello, I am trying to locate a family members grave at herrison, so any info you have would be much appreciated. thanks. Lyn.

alan.h

Default Herrison Hospital

I have stumbled across this thread by doing a search for the hospital name. I appreciate that it is some years now since anything was added but I wonder if anyone can help me, please?

I have been trying to find out what happened to a relative from Hampshire, following the deaths of first her siblings and then her parents. I certainly wasn't expecting to locate her in Herrison Hospital in 1871 and even less to then find that she also died there on 3 June 1873, when she was just 24.

I'd be interested to find out where she was buried. Since she was the last surviving member of her family I'd assume that she had a pauper's burial but I simply don't know where this would have been. If anyone can help, I'd be very grateful.

Thank you

Starting to feel at home

Hi Alan

Sorry, I can't help you. It was my cousin who died at Herrison Hoepital in 1970 but I have been unable to find where he is buried.

Good hunting

Pauline

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12