Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    gayna

Lightbulb Sir Thomas White

Hi All,
    Can anyone help me with the private life of Sir Thomas White??

Here is what I know. He was behind the Speke industrial area. He was on the committee of the Mersey Tunnel and at the opening in 1934. He died in 1938 and his burial was at sea - it was filmed by Tatler News in b/w silent news clip.

I THINK he was married to a Sarah Taylor in 1895 at All Saints Church, Speke.

Please can anyone fill in some of the blanks or tell me where to look as I am running out of ideas.

Wirral

There is some info about Sir Thomas White in the Times https://trials.galegroup.com/nlw2006/history.html which you can view for free in April. The article about the libel action against Randolph Churchill gives his address as Beechside, Beech Lane, Calderstones, Liverpool. The obituary mentions his wife & 3 sons. According to the GRO, he was 61 when he died in 1938, ie born 1877. That would make him only 18 if he married in 1895. On LancashireBMD there are listed about 40 marriages of Thomas White between 1895 & 1930 in Liverpool.

gayna

Talking thomas white

Oh Wow Wirral
    Congrats you have come up with more than anyone in the last month or so. THANK YOU very much.
    Gayna

Wirral

Just Googled (sorry ) & found that Paul McCartney used to live in Sir Thomas White Gardens.

gayna

Thumbs up Sir Thomas White

Hi Wirral,
    Darn it, I have been just Googling for ages!!! All I learnt was how many important Thomas Whites there have been over the times. But I still say Thank You.
    Gayna

gayna

Red face thomas white

Hi there,
    Just had a thought that this Thomas White may have been a bit young to have been married in 1895. Is there any way we can find out his wife's name when he was at Beechside, Beech Lane, Calderside in 1935?? It could save me a penny or three on sending for the marriage cert.

Wirral

Hi Gayna

The Electoral Register will give the names of all the adults in the house. I'll look next time I go to the library.

gayna

Wink Thomas White

Dear Wirral,
    You must have wings under your jumper!!!
    Thank you very much.
    Gayna

Wirral

hi Gayna
    Looked at the Electoral Register today. The only adult occupants of Beechside were Thomas White, his wife Elizabeth White, & Ada Shacklady (she could be a relative, live-in servant or boarder)

gayna

Default thomas white

Thank you Wirral. That sorts that one out. Talk to you soon.

Goodnight

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast