Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Jo Simpsons

Thumbs up Victorian Lifestyles

This is a lovely web site to read about Victorian Life Style too much to start listing what information is on there.
    www.
    geocities.com/victorianlace10/home.html"]https://www.geocities.com/victorianlace10/home.html

No jobs will get done once you start reading
    Jo

Linda

Default Victorian Lifestyles

Thanks Jo for the link - The site is temporarily unavailable, "to be restored within an hour"

Hmmm....I guess that means I should get some jobs done right now.

Linda

Jo Simpsons

You know that does happen, I think it must be very popular. Should be ok soon, worth waiting for

Best thing run round like an idiot and pretend you have done it all day. Sit down and enjoy Better than a Galaxy bar. LOL Only if you like that sort of thing.
    Jo

Knowledgeable and helpful

Default Victorian Lace

BEWARE

I've tried this interesting sounding link twice now on different days. The first time it didn't respond. The second time it half appeared then froze my PC. On using the End Task routine it also took me out of my browser.

My browser is Mozilla Firefox which works well on every other site I've tried since switching to use it about 2 months ago but I cannot say for certain whether the annoying failures above are site related or browser related.

A pity but I guess that it's saved me time from the remarks above

Tony

Jo Simpsons

Hi Tony,

I'm sorry you have had problems with the link I put. I wouldn't put a dodgy thing though. If you trust me you could try

www.
    geocities.com/victorianlace10/"]https://www.geocities.com/victorianlace10
    and then click on the enter.
    I have just tried the other link and this one and got on each time. But I have to go to bed and any more I will keep looking for more!
    Please say if you manage or not
    Jo

Procat

Hi Tony,

I am using Firefox and this link woked for me with out problems.

Regards,

Default Victorian Lace

Hi Jo

I tried the new link and it opened the home page which then froze my PC again. I guess that it must be some conflict between my browser settings and this site although I've not had the problem before.

It was not a matter of trust (genealogists are very trustworthy!) just frustration that I can't view the site. I'll try anothere route sometime but thanks for your response anyway.

Regards

Tony

It told me I needed to download some other software to view the site. sorry but if I have to add software to my puter I want to know what it does before I download it so I said no and it just let me carry on as normal, very odd. Perhaps you have previous edition of whatever I needed and that is freezing up your puter Tony.
    Ann
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

Default Victorian Lace

Ann

I'm with you. If they can't write these things using standard software recognisable by the main browsers (albeit that Mozilla is not mainstream) they are bound to put people off. Shame because the subject matter could be interesting (unless of course it's all girly stuff - I have to say that to protect my manly image! ).

One of my enthusiasms for genealogy is that it helps me to understand the times my ancestors lived in so sites on the subject of those eras are always welcome. The Victorian Web is another site worth looking at for potted knowledge of those years.

Regards

Tony

Jo Simpsons

I feel very bad about this
    I haven't been asked to download anything or had problems other than try again later.
    Jo

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast