Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Jo Simpsons

Unhappy So sad

Have had an email from Victorian Dawn and she has said I can put it on here,
    <DIV>"To all my wonderful friends and loyal members of the “Victorian Lace ~ Victorian Lifestyles: The Victorian Era” Update List:

Good morning to you all. I hope that this note finds you all well, and currently relishing in some aspect of Victoriana.

It is most definitely with a heavy heart and deep emotion that I write this email to you today, as it is sent to inform you that I plan to permanently close down my website. The website should be closed sometime this month or in March. This has been a wonderful six-year project for me, and I have completely enjoyed researching, writing and creating my site. It’s been especially well-received, and for that, I am grateful to all of you. I have received much support and numerous complimentary emails—too many to count! The positive recognition that I have received has been extremely amazing and grand. I have had the honor of being contacted by and working with the Smithsonian Institute on several of their research projects; I’ve been contacted to collaborate with the BBC; and my site is used as part of several regular school curriculums. I have given authorization for many of my pages to be mirrored onto various educational websites for this purpose. I am deeply moved that my website has been so applauded and well-thought of. I am still humbled and greatly appreciative of the accolades and awards I have received for the site.

[size=3]In addition to this source of utter frustration, I find that I simply can NOT keep up with the quantity of email that I receive daily. Please believe me when I say that I am NOT complaining about receiving such a large volume of email! It’s simply that I feel it is unfair to the authors of those emails because they are in search of research information, which necessitates my writing involved and lengthy replies. I simply do not have the time to offer to this purpose any longer. I have become extremely busy over the years, and I can no longer keep up with the heaps of mail anymore. I will, however, continue to keep my email address and I welcome any email, of course—especiallydata transfer, and that it will be available in another hour. I would wait the hour, and have the exact same thing happen again. I KNOW this must be EXTREMELY frustrating for visitors to my pages, especially for those who are not just browsing, but are actually using the site for research material.

In the meantime, if there is anything in particular that you wish to obtain from any of my pages, I recommend that you attempt to access the pages soon and retrieve that information, etc. Within a couple of weeks I will be placing a notice similar to this email on the site.

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]In closing, I would once again like to express all my appreciation for your continued support of my website. It’s been such a pleasure getting to know each of you.

With My Warmest Victorian Regards,
    Dawn"

Jo Simpsons

This is so sad

Jo

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234