Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Jo Simpsons

Just went on and it said to view properly download a chinese (traditional) text display support!

I didn't and got on the site ok though
    I will and try and copt some things that are on.
    Thanks for trusting me Tony
    Jo

Jo Simpsons

From the first page...

Often I have heard other people who share my interest for Victoriana proclaim that they sometimes feel that they were born in the wrong century, and I completely understand what they are saying. I am a lover of all things Victorian, from the rich diversity of Victorian styles to the incomparable glamour of a bygone era. While visiting my webpages, I hope that you will find something here that interests you, informs you, or delights you, and that perhaps this site will give you a small glimpse into the grace and beauty of "Yesteryear". . . .

Jo Simpsons

I tried to copy and paste each section but it looked a mess and didn't seem right, so
    1-Society and life style
    2-Fashion and beauty
    3-Victorian Weddings
    4-Victorian Era Women
    5-The littlest Vics (children of the victorian era)
    6- Meanwhile out west
    7-Victorian Era Health and Medicine
    8-History

This is just the main sections, there are many pages to each section.

Jo Simpsons

Default And this

If words could not express my gratitude for the 2001 "Best Victorian Site Award" that the Victorian Ladies Society bestowed upon my website (displayed above), imagine how honored I feel now, in 2004, to receive their award once AGAIN!! (displayed below). To my utter surprise and extreme delight, the Victorian Ladies Society has selected my site as recipient of their illustrious "The Best Victorian Site Award" for this year, 2004, and I am thrilled beyond
    words, and I am deeply honored that they found my site worthy!.

I display these awards with sincere appreciation!

Jo Simpsons

I thought I should add, I have nothing to do with the site.
    I just hope you can get on and enjoy because it is so very good.
    Jo

Knowledgeable and helpful

Default Victorian Lace

Jo there really is no need to feel bad. These things happen. It's just as likely to be my browser which doesn't like the site. Anyway from your description of the site it's pretty girly stuff so perhaps I haven't missed much

Jo Simpsons

Not all Girly, Tony!

I emailed the lady who has done the site and have had a lovely reply from her.

This is what she said about not being able to get on sometimes and the problems some were getting.
    "It's EXTREMELY frustrating for me, and I know that it's just a terrible pain for visitors to the site! ; I can't apologize enough for the inconvenience this causes, but I have no control over it. I use Geocities because they host my site for free, as long as I allow their advertisement to pop up in the corner when the page loads. Because I receive absolutely no financial income or support from my pages (they are completely for educational, informational and entertainment purposes), I could not otherwise afford to keep my site via a "paid host"."

"I hope that this clears up some of the issues regarding access to my site. I do know that it's frustrating sometimes to access the pages due to data transfer allotment, but please know that I have no coding on my site that should cause anyone to need some different software. I might understand that if, perhaps, the viewer lived in a non-English-speaking country, but other than that, I honestly don't understand why that would happen, and it certainly should never cause someone's computer to freeze up"

Hope it clears some things up
    Jo

Knowledgeable and helpful

Default Victorian Lace

Jo

Thanks for your latest mail and the comments from the site owner. I just tried it again and its off the air with the message "exceeded the data input quota" or similar. It sounds like it's so full of goodies that the owner has exceeded her web space limit. Never mind I'll try again from time to time.

All the best

Tony

Jo Simpsons

Nice to know you didn't give up on me
    It isn't ALL girly you know and is extremely interesting. If you do manage to get on I would like to know what you thought. The message you have seen is because of the amount of people viewing, so you are missing out. LOL
    Thanks for replying too. Take care.
    Jo

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

And a thank you from me too, for this site Jo.

I've read the item about babies and wonder if anyone else could comment on something I noticed.
    It said that young children would be sent to stay with relatives when the mother was pregnant and for some time after the birth of the baby. If so, this could be an explanation for all those children found staying with relatives on census records. But, do you think this would have applied only to the slightly higher classes or all the way through society right down to the ag labs and other unskilled workers?

Pam Downes

Pam Downes

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast