Thread: what year?

maisie

Question what year?

Hi to all who are kind enough to read my post..

New to this site and was wondering if anyone could help me with the year of the photo?
    My grandma and grandfather's wedding.
    They were born 1905/06 (he first then she)
    their first children (twins) was born 1935

Any other information about the photo would also be great..I only know a few of the people..and that's it!

Thanks
    Maisie
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by maisie; 23-03-2006 at 8:26 PM. Reason: can't see picture

Famous for offering help & advice

Default Can't see photo

Hi Maisie

I can't speak for anyone else, but unfortunately I can't see the photo - the top edge seems to be there, then a few blocks of colour, and most of it is just magenta with a grid of white dots.

I don't think you've done anything wrong - or if you have, it's something I did as well when I tried to put my picture in my profile, as the same thing happened to me. The only way I could get a picture to show properly there was to put it on an external site and then link to it. Can you do the same here?

Arthur

maisie

Thumbs up can't see photo!

Dear Arthur,

thank you I will try what you said.......

fingers crossed

Maisie

maisie

Default can't see photo!

Hi.. well....what a great start!!!

hope this link works for original help..what year?
    https://www.freewebs.com/dilmo/

thanks
    maisie

Geoffers

From the style of clothing, I'd suggest late 1920's or possilby early 30's, (perhaps 1927-1933-ish). If this is a wedding photo, have you been able to locate their marriage certificate? - this would of course, provide the precise date for you. If you're not sure how to search for and order certificates, please ask

Geoffers

busyglen

Maisie, like Geoffers, I would say late 1920's also. I have seen a wedding photo with similar styling, although not the bride, which was 1929.

Good luck!

Glenys

maisie

Question what year?

Hi,

Thanks for the replies...I have not been able to locate a certificate as I am not sure where the marraige took place..it is all a mistery!
    I have search 1837 online from 1926-35 Leicester serching both names, but found nothing!

The picture and it's location is also a mistery...

The bride is my grandmother who was born in Londonderry NI and my grandfather was born in Loughborough, though they must have met somewhere in leicester as Jane came over to England and resided in Leicester (supposidly, sometime during her teens) her sisiter, far left, lived a Coventry.
    The gentleman standing far right..I haven't a clue!!

Would I be right in thinking it is in a studio?

Regards
    Maisie

Famous for offering help & advice

I wasn't around then but from what I've seen elsewhere, it does look around 1930 to me. And to answer your last question, I'd say yes, it looks like a studio.

In view of the bride's origins, have you considered the possibility that she went back to Ireland to be married? You'd need to check the NI BMD indexes for this - I believe some are available on film at LDS family history centres, but since you have the names and an approximate date, you may find that GRO(NI) would do a search anyway.

Good luck,
    Arthur

Famous for offering help & advice peter nicholl's Avatar

Hi Maisie

Try contacting The Museum of Costume in Bath, they were a great help in pinpointing dates from some old paintings. Go to www.museumofcostume.co.uk .

HTH
    Peter
    Peter Nicholl
    Researching:Nicholl,Boater, Haselgrove & Vaughan