Thank you, I hadn't thought of the Postal Service Appointments. It looks as though he joined in April and was convicted in October. From what I can deduce, he went on to call himself after his mother's name, Gillett. Harriet and George Gillett and fourth and last child Joseph C Gillett seem to be on the 1891 census in London, though I don't have access to it at the moment to see the details. Their first daughter Harriet is together with them in 1901, and is a widow of a Cormack. Joseph Charles married under Gillett name in West Ham before 1901. in 1911 George and Harriet and gdaughter Amy Florence Cormack (her mother was widowed) are together in Linton, Cambridgeshire working in The Bell Inn, High Street so George Cocksedge/Gillett has become a licensed victualler. It appears son Joseph Charles Gillett went on to Barton Lancashire, and there is a Harriet Gillett age 92 who died there in 1937, so the name was a permanent change. George and Harriet had just lost their second child when he was convicted, the third child was conceived just before he was convicted, and died while he was still away. Amazing family story and one to be proud in the end. It must have taken determination.