Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    maz1

Talking Info needed on Minty, Fishlock & Chivers

would love to hear from anyone researching any of the following surnames....

RICKS
    MINTY
    KING
    FISHLOCK
    CHIVER/S - CHEEVERS

HILLIER = Hannah born abt 1800 in Purton married William Ricks
    STIVENS = Emily born abt 1586 Southbroom St James married Henry Mintie
    OFFER = Jane born 1633 Bishop Cannings married Thomas Fishlake = father WILLIAM OFFER
    BIRD = Maria born abt 1575 All Cannings married John King

would love to swap info
    all the best
    Marian

Iris

Smile Chivers

Hi Marian,

I have Chivers, Wroughton area of Wilts in my tree, be pleased to have a look if you can link to that area.

Regards Iris

maz1

Smile re Chivers

Hi Iris
    nice to hear from you. Most of my Chivers/Cheevers are from Winterbourne Bassett, with a few dotted around in Manton, Preshute,Broad hinton
    I seem to have two branches of Chiver(s) - one spelt Chiver, the other seems to be Chivers or Cheevers. Both of which married into the Fishlock/Fishlake/Vishlock family.
    But I dont seem to have anyone from your area im afraid, but thats not to say we dont connect somewhere along the line.
    all the best
    Marian

Default Minty, Fishlock

Hi Marian,

I have these names in my family tree-

earliest is Henry MINTIE/MINTY/MINETIE from Southbroom abt 1582; then Thomas MINETY m. Mary ASHLEY 1628 Bishops Cannings; then Susanna MINETIE m. William WAYTE 1652 Bishops Cannings.

Frances FISHLOCK m. William WOODROFFE 1724 Bishops Cannings.

Also have numerous HILLIERS who may match up with your Hannah.

All the best,
    Gail (in Australia)

maz1

Thumbs up re minty, fishlock and hillier

Hi Gail
    Brilliant to hear from you. Sounds like we are long lost cousins!

Henry Mintey born abt 1582 - is definately my g,grandfather x 10
    his son Thomas bap 20 Oct 1608 - married Mary Ashley 1628, is the brother of John Mintey my g,grandfather x 9

Frances Fishlock - would this be the lady born 1703 - daughter of John and Ann??? ---- if so Ive got her too, but no details

Would love to know more about your Hilliers

[email protected]
    would love to hear from you - if you fancy contacting me direct we could swap info
    all the best
    Marian

maz1

Default message for Gail re Mintey

Hi Gail
    Hope you see this, please mail me as my PC has been playing up - so didnt want you to think I was ignoring you
    all the best
    Marian

Trishtrash

Just browsing and saw your post. Found the following today at Hilperton Parish Church, Trowbridge;

George FISHLOCK DIED 15/9/1896 AGED 60.
    Kate, his daughter, died 8/1/1895 aged 17.
    Jane, his wife, 16/12/1909 aged 65.

Are these yours? I also posted this info on rootschat. com tonight for someone researching this name in the area. If thats not you it might be worth a look. Happy hunting.

maz1

Default re fishlock

hi Trish
    sorry its taken a while to get back to you
    thanks ever so much for that - i shall keep it in my notes and see what I can come up with, as Ive not got that George - but theres no saying he isnt one of mine.
    thanks again
    all the best
    Marian

Sally Mortimore

Quote Originally Posted by Iris
    Hi Marian,

I have Chivers, Wroughton area of Wilts in my tree, be pleased to have a look if you can link to that area.

Regards Iris
    Hi there - just came across your post - don't know if you are still around! But I have an Elizabeth Chivers from Wroughton in my tree in the late 1700s who married a William Kibblewhite (my gt gt gt grandfather). Could this be a link?

Sally

Robert Kibblewhite

I have William KIBBLEWHITE (my 5xgrt grandfather) married to an Elizabeth and who had seven children in Wroughton. Was she a CHIVERS? Do you have anything earlier and more?
    Their child Elizabeth (1774-1851) had Anne KIBBLEWHITE (1812-) who had base-child John (1831-1905) m. Hannah ILES (1830-1886) who had children (I have 6/7 of your count).
    Kind regards. Robert Kibblewhite

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast