Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Narelle

Post Sansom/Sansone family of Dorset

I am researching the Sansom/Sansone family of Dorset. If my research is correct Henry SANSOM married Jane nee GOULD in Wareham in 1838.

They had their first child James c 1838 possibly in Wareham. Their other children were George b 1840, John b. 1842, William b. 1844, Albert Henry b. 1847, Owen Charles b. 1850, Mary Jane b. 1853, Sarah Ann b. 1855. All but Sarah Ann was born in Studland Dorset and Sarah was born at Crompton Chamberlayne Wiltshire.

Albert Henry came to South Australia in 1876 on the ship the Golden Sea. It is unsure if any of his other siblings came out to Australia also. Albert married an Elizabeth Davies ARMSTRONG and had a family in S. Aust and there are living descendants there now.

I would love to get into contact with any descendants of Henry and Jane SANSOM wherever they may be.
    Many thanks
    Narelle

maz1

hi Narelle
    I just saw your post and was wondering if you had ever come across the following lady in you research?
    ANN SANSOM b abt 1807 CURRY MALLETT SOMERSET
    she would be my g,grandmother x 4
    she married JOHN CHANNING 6 Apr 1830 CURRY MALLETT SOMERSET
    Im afraid thats all I have on her - but like you would like to know more.

I have these notes - dont know if they will help you at all?

1851 Census
    Curry Mallett 12 SANSOM?, William SANSOM? William Head Widower 80 Agriculture Labourer Dorsetshire Buckland Newn----????
    Curry Mallett 12 SANSOM?, William SANSOM? William Head Married 33 Agriculture Labourer Somerset C. Mallett
    Curry Mallett 12 SANSOM?, William SANSOM? Honour Wife Married 24 Glover Somerset Broadway
    Curry Mallett 12 SANSOM?, William SANSOM? Hannah Dau Unmarried 5 Somerset C. Mallett
    Curry Mallett 12 SANSOM?, William SANSOM? Jobe? Son Unmarried 3 Somerset C. Mallett
    Curry Mallett 12 SANSOM?, William POWELL Charlet? Lodger Unmarried 20 Glover Ireland

all the best
    Marian

I have a line of Goulds from Cranborne, Dorset among the ancestors of Anne Wareham (1777-1853). About 12 miles away from yours.
    Let me know if you'd like details.

Cheerfully
    Daleaway

Narelle

Default Sansom of Curry Mallett

Hi Marian,
    Thanks for your reply. I have looked at the info I have on the SANSOM's and can't make a connection straight off. It is interesting thought that my Sansom's appear in the 1851 census under the name SANSONE. Henry and Jane did have a son named William b. 1844 so it is possible that he was named after an uncle or grandfather.

They also had George, John, Owen Charles, Mary Jane all born in Dorset Studland and Sarah all born in Wiltshire Crompton Chamberlayne. I will have a deeper look into the family to see what I can find. If you think there is a connection I can send you more information.
    Regards
    Narelle

Narelle

Default Gould's of Wareham

Hello Daleaway,
    Many thanks for your reply. I would be very interested in your GOULD family. Unfortunately all I have about Jane is that she was born c. 1812 in Studland Dorset. Interstingly enough Henry and Jane married at a place called Wareham.
    Kindest regards
    Narelle

Geoff Sansome

Default Sansomes of Dorset

Isaac Sansome was born in Upper Lyme Dorset and married Hannah in Axmouth 1837, then moving to Worcestershire. He was my 2 X Great Grandfather. I have numerous Dorset lines but have yet to research his family or siblings. Dates look quite likely

pmouritsen

Default Sansom Family

For what it is worth, the new.familysearch.org website has the following information on this family:

Henery Sansom
    Christened: 1 January 1815 Portland, Dorset, England

Jane Gould
    1812 Studland, Dorset, England

Hnery’s father
    John Sansom

Henry’s Mother
    Mary

Jane’ Father
    David Gould
    Born: 1781Studland, Or Corfe Castle, Dorset, England
    Or
    Christened: 12 January 1758Studland, Dorset, ENGLAND. (obviously there is a difference of opinion here)

Janes Mother
    Sarah

David’s father
    Henry Gould
    20 May 1720Andover, Hampshire, ENGLAND.

David’s Mother
    Elizabeth

David’s Grandfather
    Henry Gould

David’s Grandmother
    Mary Sturt

The children of the original Henry and Jane

James Sansom
    Christened: 18 February 1839Studland, Dorset, ENGLAND.

George Sansom
    Christened: 5 July 1840Studland, Dorset, ENGLAND

John Sansom
    Christened: 27 February 1842Studland, Dorset, ENGLAND

William Sansom
    7 April 1844Studland, Dorset, ENGLAND

Albert Henry Sansom
    Christned: 3 January 1847Studland, Dorset, ENGLAND

Owen Charles Sansom
    Christened: 21 March 1849Studland, Dorset, ENGLAND

Mary Jane
    Christened: 6 June 1852Studland, Dorset, England

maz1

Question samson

Hi
    I posted a note ages ago about Sansoms in Somerset on my tree, since then Ive been looking into my husbands tree and found the following lady! Would love to know if anyone else has her in their tree - any help would be great thanks.

Mary Samson
    married 5 May 1718 Owermoigne, Dorset
    Philip Parmiter

they would be my husbands g,grandparents x 7

all the best
    Marian

eggo31

Default Sansomes in Dorset/Newfoundland

I also have Sansome in Dorset. My 3rd great-grandfather was George Sansome from Dorchester, Dorset (b. abt 1809-d. 1894) who settled in Seal Cove, Friday's Bay, near Twillingate, Newfoundland. I have no information about his ancestry in England. I would appreciate any information on his ancestry. Thanks very much.
    Ian

Narelle

Default George Sansome

Hi,
    I have a George Sansom born 1840 to Henry and Jane (Gould) in 1840 in Studland, Dorset. Henry was born in 1811 and it is possible that there ia a family connection to a possible older brother of Henry's being a George born c 1809. Henry was born in West Knighton, Dorset. If I find anything about Henry's siblings I will be sure to let you know.
    Regards
    Narelle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast