Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    busyglen

Yes that does help giving the father's name if known. I had the same thing happen a while back, and found I had the wrong person. Having given the name, it saved having to lose the whole amount.

Glenys

gp.brownley

Exclamation

The best way of ordering B/M/D, certs is to download a copy of the area order form,fill it in and post it with the fee.

Brian Turnbull

gp.brownly, that is ok if you are in the Uk and can send a cheque. Unfortunately a lot of people live outside the Uk where obtaing sterling cheques/money transfers can be expensive.Plastic is far more convenient, but a lot of County Record Offices do not take cards which I find a bit archaic in these times.
    Brian

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by gp.brownley View Post
    The best way of ordering B/M/D, certs is to download a copy of the area order form,fill it in and post it with the fee.
    I can never repeat enough times that if you order a marriage certificate from a local office then in the majority of cases you will need to know in which church/chapel (and nowadays, just plain venue!) the marriage took place.
    This is the reason why. (Sorry, you do have to read most of the page before you get to the marriage bit. )
    Some counties now have their BMD indexes online. This is a fairly quick link -select a county, click on the word 'county' and the county council sites are usually near the top of the page. But note that not all the councils have all their records indexed. Like most genealogy sites they're works in progress.
    Pam

BettyL

Thumbs down BMD' certs in uk

I sent for a marriage cert and thought I would help by putting in the occupation of the father for extra search details. Had a letter back to say
    could not issue cert as fathers occupation was not as stated, so thats something else I have learnt if not sure don't quote. Betty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12