mick

Talking 1841 census lookup James Patchett

Could someone please look up for me James Patchett who would be 17 or 18 years old. If he was living at home, his father would be Thomas Patchett. I am keen to find out other members of the family and where they were living.
    thanks. Mick

There are 120+ PATCHET(T) households/entries on the Lincs 1841 census; I suspect a later census may have given a birthplace which would make searching a lot easier.

mick

Default 1841 census James Patchett

On census returns, James Patchett gave his place of birth as Deeping Fen. He married in 1848 and according to the parish records his father was Thomas Patchett.
    I have searched the 1851 census for Thomas, assuming that he was still alive, but the only Thomas's of an age to be the father are one in Welbourn born 1802 and another in Wilsthorpe born 1809. There is a Hosea Patchett on the 1851 census who was born in Deeping and the marriage records suggest that he was also a son of Thomas.
    I was hoping that the 1841 census would give me a pointer to the right Thomas as there would have been a good chance that his son James was still living at home.

The IGI at www.familysearch.org has James bap 17 Dec 1824 at West Deeping, son of Thomas and Catharine, also Hosea bap 6 Jan 1822 and Samuel bap 8 Feb 1830

1841 census has

617-5/8
    West Deeping
    Thomas PATCHETT 55 AgLab, Lincs
    Catherine 55 (NOT Lincs
    William 25 (NOT Lincs
    Millicent 20 (NOT Lincs
    Samuel 12, Lincs
    William ?????? ? (Not Lincs

previous page
    John COVINGTON 55 AgLab
    John PATCHETT 25 AgLab
    Sarah 20
    Thomas FISHER? 20 AgLab
    Mary 20
    John COVINGTON 4
    Sarrah PATCHETT 2
    Milicent 1
    Mary FISHER? 3
    Elizabeth 2
    John BLAND 30 (or 50) AgLab (NOT Lincs
    Others born Lincs

Thomas was possibly buried 2 Nov 1842 age 64 at West Deeping

mick

Default James Patchett

Thanks Geoff.Your help is much appreciated.