kazrbutler

Post Will of William Stacy of Farnsfield 1752, proved 1753

In The Name of God Amen I William Stacy of Farnsfield In the Liberty of Southwell in the County of Nottingham Yeoman being of sound perfect and disposing mind and memory, thanks be to God, So make Ordain and publish This my Last Will and Testament in manner and form following, That is to Say, First and principally I recommend my Soul into the hands and protection of Almighty God, Hopeing for pardon & forgiveness of my sins by and through the merits Death and passion of Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, And to Inherit Everlasting life, with him, with whom there is fullness of Joy and at whose right hand are pleasures for evermore, And my body I commit to the earth to be decently buried at the Discretion of my Executor herein after named, And as to my worldly Goods and Estate I Give and Dispose thereof as followeth,

kazrbutler

That is to say, I Give and Devise All and singular my – Freehold and Copyhold Lands Meadows and pasture Grounds in the Liberties Precincts and Territories of Edingley in the County of Nottingham Unto my son Henry Stacy His Heirs and Assigns forever I Also Give and Bequeath unto- my Said Son Henry All and Singular my goods Chattles personal Estate and Effects whatsoever and wheresoever, but I will and direct that my Said Son Henry Shall pay unto my Dear and Loving Wife Ann Stacy the Sum of five pounds of Good and Lawful money yearly and every year by Equal Half yearly During the term of her Natural Life, And I Do hereby charge my Said Real and personal Estates before given him in this my will with the payment thereof.

kazrbutler

I Also Give and Devise Unto my Son William stacy All and Singular my Freehold and Copyhold Messuages Cottages Lands Tenements and Hereditaments in the Parish of Farnsfield aforesaid to Hold to Him His Heirs and Assigns forever, reserving thereout to my Said Dear Wife One Cottage now or late in tenure or occupation of John Dale, which I Give Unto her for and during the Term of her natural life. And from and after her decease I Give and Devise this same unto my said Son William His Heirs and Assigns for ever. I Also Give and Bequeath unto my Daughter Sarah Stacy The Sum of One Hundred and five pounds to be paid to her by my Executor at Twelve months and next after my decease.

kazrbutler

I Also Give and Bequeath unto my Said Son William Stacy, and to my Daughter Mary now the wife of John Elston of Beesthorpe and unto my Daughter Ann now the wife of John Welbourn of Denton in Lincolnshire the Sum of five pounds - a peice, to be paid to them respectively Imediately after my decease. And Lastly I Do Hereby make Constitute and Appoint my Said Son Henry Sole Executor of this Me Last Will and Testament In --- Witness whereof I Have Hereunto set my Hand and Seal this Sixteenth xxxxx Day of January – One Thousand and Seven hundred and fifty two new stile. Will Stacy

kazrbutler

Signed Sealed published and Declared by the Testator for and as his last Will and Testament In the presence of us, who at his request, and in his presence, and in the presence of each other, have subscribed our names as witnesses thereunto

Gervas Marshall

John his + mark Bonnington

Geo Hodgkinson sworn

kazrbutler

April the 5th Anno Domu: 1753 new Stile - -

A true and perfect Inventorye of all the goods and Chattels of Wm Stacey of Farnsfeld in the Countey of Nottingham yemon late deceased appraized by – John Turner and Wm Stacey L s d

Unfortunately, I had had difficulty including details from the inventory - repeating and formatting errors even in small sections make this unintelligible. Total value of estate was 523 pounds and 3 shillings, which included 52 pounds of money owed to the deceased.

Karen
    Last edited by kazrbutler; 19-02-2006 at 3:47 PM.