Thread: Pratt Potteries

Jim_Pratt

Default Pratt Potteries

Wishing to contact anyone with any interest in any of the Pratt Pottery Companies, i.e. William PRATT of Lane Delph, Ellen PRATT of Lane Delph, John PRATT of Lane Delph, Felix & Richard PRATT of Fenton. I have information going back to the Thomas Pratt who died in 1739. Other names related to the PRATT potters include: HEATH, POULSON, BOURNE, ARNOTT and HARLEY. Also interested in the line down from Samuel including the surnames: GOLDSTRAW, FORRESTER, HANCOCK and PENSON.
    Jim Pratt.

Derek Pratt

Default Pratt pottery family in Staffordshire

I have only just joined this forum and read your message. I have also been looking into this family who I suspect are related to mine, although they originate from the Nottingham area. Have you read the book "Pratt Ware" by J & G Lewis, which gives part of their family tree?

Derek

Dr-Marto

Greetings Jim and Derek.
    I am just 10 years late adding to this thread.
    I am decended from the Pratt line and keen to learn more.
    All of the names in Jims's post are on my family tree.

Good tip Derek - I shall attempt to view the book

Martin

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Jim,
    just come across your post nearly 20 years later!!!
    If I have done my tree correctly William and Ellen are my 4th great grandparents . Do you have an accessible tree?

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum, Kathy. Unfortunately, Jim is no longer a member of BG (he’s tagged “guest” under his name) and we are not allowed to retain the contact info of ex members, so he will not see your message.

Don’t give up, though. You never know what will turn up.