Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brick wall demolition expert! ChristineR's Avatar

Default Rozier - Peck marriage 1930. One for Robina

I have a third cousin Eleanor (Ellanora) Francis PECK who married a ROZIER in the first quarter of 1930 in the Tendring district - probably Harwich - but the 'R' pages are missing from ancestry's beta images.

Robina, do you know if she married one of Nathaniel's sons?

Christine
    Australia
    Last edited by ChristineR; 06-02-2006 at 1:46 PM. Reason: re-phrasing

robinadexter

Smile Peckin' ROZIERS

Well now Christine
    Interestingly, I am aware that Thomas Francis ROZIER (my great uncle) married Harriet Elizabeth PECK on 11 Jul 1903 Witnesses were Ellen PASFIELD and Eliza PECK. The families obviously had strong links.

Clearly 'your' marriage is the next generation, but I have not followed up the laterals very far. In fact, I have few records of the offspring of my grandmother Eliza ROZIER's siblings. Her eldest brother, Nathaniel had an Arthur (ca 1891), a Thomas (ca. 1893) and a Wilfred (ca 1897) and they were still in the Tendring Hundred (Harwich, to be precise) in 1901. Eliza's other brothers were John D.G., who was still unmarried at 25 and living with his parents in 1901; Jabez Robert (I think he used his second name) who did not marry until 1932 (to a Kate Eliza ROBINSON) and William, who was 17 and unmarried in 1901. Don't even know if he did marry.

Try 1837 online. It's fairly priced and you shouldn't have to look far, seeing that you know the quarter. Or, you could buy the certificate....

Cheers
    Robina

Thought it worth a try I'll have a go at 1937online.

The children I found for Eleanor and Mr Rozier..
    Angela E; Margaret M; Muriel A; Peter D; Eileen M; Anthony T; Michael D and Mary P - all born between 1931 and 1951.

thanks Robina,
    Christine
    Australia

robinadexter

Thanks Christine,
    If you do find out the first name of your Mr Rozier, I'd be interested to hear it.
    As you may recall, my ROZIERS began as ROZZEROs and my very own Nathaniel (my great gdad, Eliza's father) seems actually to have been born three years after the death of James ROZZERO, who was named as his father at his baptism ; so, in a way, even though I've not yet pursued them, only the 'modern' ROZIERs (in Harwich) are relevant to my bloodline.
    Cheers
    Robina

Hi Robina,

Some time ago I tracked the name of the Rozier husband on the GRO index and and he is Nathaniel's son after all - He is Wilfred N, aged 4 in the 1901 census. Lucky I had saved that image on the off chance he turned out to be one of them - I just happened across it today in one of my backup cds and made the connection!

So it looks like you are a cousin to my husband's cousins.

ChristineR

Mick.R

Hi Christina.

I just happened to come across this post whilst googling our family name of Rozier.
    I am Michael Rozier, eldest son of Michael D, named in your earlier post. The other names you have listed there are all correct and are my Aunts and uncles (albeit most of them sadly gone now). Wilfred Nathanial was my Grand Father although he had long passed away before I was born. As I was the son of the second youngest sibling I can't remember much about Eleanor (Nan) although I do remember going to visit her sisters Elsie and Edna (sorry can't recall there married names). If there is anything I can find out for you, then please ask away.

Hello Mike, it is wonderful to hear from you.

My family history program tells me that you are a 4th cousin (once removed) to my husband Rob. And you are the third cousin that we have heard from who actually lives in Harwich, all from the Peck line.

Your Nan's great grandmother was Susannah Read Randall, sister of Rob's great great grandfather John Cole Randall who emigrated to Australia during the gold rush years in the 1850s. He seems to have been the only Randall to leave England. Susannah married Thomas Peck. John and Susannah's parents are Robert Randall and Sarah Cole, who married in Harwich in 1817. Robert was a shoemaker, born Harwich in 1796. Sarah came from Boxted.

I see in your profile that your email address is available, I shall email you direct. I look forward to you being able to fill in the details about your family line.

Thanks for taking the time to join the forum and making yourself known

ChristineR

brozier

Smile

Hi,

Sounds like Mick and I are cousins of some sort. My Grandfather was Francis Nathanial Rozier (1909-1955) who was a brother of Wilfred Nathan Rozier.

My father Duncan Francis was born in Harwich but he ran away to join the Navy :-)

Mick did you ever hear any rumors of a Rozier family bible? My dad thinks it went into the Pike side of the family (also in Harwich) and was never heard of again.....

Cheers
    Bryan

robinadexter

Default And another one from Robina....

Greetings Roziers All, especially Bryan,
    Fascinating the way this thread keeps reappearing! If it is of any interest, I have copies of the entries in the EMONDS/ROZIER Family Bible (in the possession of my niece). They relate to the family of Eliza ROZIER and Thomas EDMONDS. Eliza was the sister of Nathaniel jnr., father of Wilfred Nathan. She and Thomas were my grandparents. I also have a family tree on Tribal Pages which I am slowly building up, as I authenticate my links. A few ROZIERS there. Finally, I am in irregular contact with Paul ROZIER, great grandson of William, another of Eliza's brothers.
    Robina
    Last edited by robinadexter; 28-07-2008 at 12:11 AM. Reason: clreical error

Hello Bryan

sorry I missed your post until Robina replied. Michael is your second cousin, hope you two make contact.

Hi Robina,
    google is a wonderful thing you can expect more Roziers to appear.
    ChristineR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast